New Strap?

1. I admit I'm pretty hard on my bags, and I sadly damaged the straps to my LV City Bag. (It's a long story...) Should I go to my local handbag repairman, who does beautiful work, or should I go to my local LV store? I don't plan on ever selling my bag, so I don't have issues with how it might suddenly look different.

What do you think?

:sad:

2. First, I'd take it to LV and see what they say about it. They'll probably suggest getting them replaced. I'd get quotes from both LV and from your repair man though. The only thing is that with LV, you can be sure the straps will look the same as they originally did, since they're the ones who produced it. That way, it'd match the rest of the bag as well.

3. Hmmm..... I had damaged my strap on my Vernis Mott but that could not be repaired so I had to buy a new one.... I would see if your local repairman can fix it and see what the cost is before buying a new one since you don't mind it looking different. But it may cost as much a new strap! Good Luck!

4. That was a concern of mine, too. I'd want the color to match the rest. I guess there's no guarantee unless I see my repairman's samples first. Thanks for the suggestion.