New Stam Nylon Straps...

I can not stand the nylon straps. If they wanted to change it they maybe could've done the chain with a leather keeper like on the chic bag, nylon belongs on a more casual bag & cheaper bag. Now that I think of it - for the price they want they should include multiple interchangeable straps on the full size stams giving the wearer more options.

I can not stand the nylon straps. If they wanted to change it they maybe could've done the chain with a leather keeper like on the chic bag, nylon belongs on a more casual bag & cheaper bag. Now that I think of it - for the price they want they should include multiple interchangeable straps on the full size stams giving the wearer more options.

:nuts: That's a great idea!

Thats totally should have made that an option before wiping out the chain for that line altogether. It was a bold move to assume those bags would sell just as much. IMO, they may get fewer sales on those bags b/c so many MJ collectors love the iconic chains. Besides, i'm pretty sure they could afford providing a $2 strap along WITH the chain for the prices they retail for :P

^^^Here's a shopBop pic. The black strap/black leather is OK and looks perfect for my college daughter.
But I saw this version (with black luggage strap)in both a taupey and orange color leather at Nordies and :yucky::sad:. Combination is quieter and lighter, but I agree with the Tumi comment!

4032.JPG

4031.JPG
4034.JPG

^^^ Luisaviaroma.com

a strap for the zipclutch too?

I personally do not use my chain strap on the stams too often, so with a nylon one, I'd remove it too. However, I don't feel that the nylon straps should replace the chain ones completely! It really changes the look of the MJ collection bags by making them look more sporty/casual. I wish it was just an added option as a selling point for the bag, instead of being the updated statement for the bags.

It's ridiculous. Sure, it's comfortable and utilitarian, but does anyone spend 1k+ to get a back that's only for comfort and not for great aesthetics as well?
When you're paying for beauty and quality, you don't expect to get a strap you could find on any dime store gym bag...
:tdown: