new speedy 25... so excited~!

Congrats! Don't carry your purse in the rain - especially when it's new and the vachetta leather is so light....the leather will get stained if it gets wet. I use to carry a plastic shopping bag folded up inside my Speedy just in case it was raining, then I would put the Speedy inside the shopping bag to protect it.

Congrats!
As for the keys: I keep them in my box where I store LV dustbags and receipts. I don't use the lock it's just attached like this -> pic! I don't put in on the leaf!

Attachments

• schloss.jpg
    schloss.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 34
Does the whole leaf discolor or just the hole?
And does it stretch out enough to be noticeable?
I've only had my bag for a few hours and I'm already anal about the lock on the flap!
But it's too cute that I don't want to take it off!
And also...what exactly is patina and what does it mean?
Patina means the leather trim turns a darker color as it ages. Your bag is probably almost a white color for now, but as you use it, the color will get darker, as you see on bags that have been used. Very pretty IMO. Good luck and wear it in good health. Also, welcome to tPF!

I always keep the locks on all my speedy's and attach the keys inside the bag on the d-ring. That way you'll never lose them. I don't have any stretching, pulling, discoloration on any of my (9- I think)speedy's. Don't worry about it too much. Just love your bag and carry her well!

Congrats on your new Louis Vuitton!