new scam

If I order something expensive on-line I almost always have it shipped to my work address so that they don't leave the package by my front door where it would be available for anyone to steal while I am at work. It's inconvenient for me when I have to go to Federal Express or the post office and sign for a package (usually I will have to drive quite a ways before I go to work).

So I don't think it's uncommon for a package to be mailed to an address that is different than the billing address. I'm lucky that I work at a small business that doesn't mind me receiving my personal mail here. Peggy

I understand that, but this was shipped to a different state, with my name misspelled. They might have considered these red flags, since they have a purchase history for me.

Another way they steal credit card info is by camera phones. They take pictures of the numbers on your card while you are checking out or you are at the ATM. Always be aware of how you are holding your card. My husband has his debit card numbers stolen while waiting online at a ATM. He was holding his card waiting for the ATM, not paying attention to his surroundings and they entered his card number onto their cell phone. It is very troubling to know people are so shady. Cover up your cards!!!!!