New Ring

1. My great aunt passed on recently and I got one of her rings. I'm not really sure if I like it. It's kind of gaudy. It's also heavy. What kind of events would you wear it to? What kind of outfit? I recently don't see myself doing anything with this ring besides maybe passing it on to children if I have any. :sad:
    ring1 (459 x 600).jpg
  2. I actually kind of like it but it is too big. Maybe a jeweller can re-set it for you. use the stones for maybe earrings or another ring? :shrugs:

3. Do you know about how much that would cost? It sounds like a good idea. :yes:
  4. I actually like's kind of would look really good on your index or your middle finger with something casual, like jeans and a t-shirt.
  5. I never thought of wearing a ring on the middle finger. Cool idea.
  6. is the center a pearl?

if it was mine I would change the middle stone to a diamond..........

just a thought..........but it looks like it could be a fun ring.......
  7. ^^^Yes, it's a pearl.
  8. Is it a flower design? Flower rings are really popular. I think it would be a cool ring to wear on your middle finger on the weekends. I like it!
  9. I wouldnt mess around with resetting the stones as this is usually too expensive to be worth it. The labor involved is usually too much compared to just buying things from scratch.

But I would wear the ring on occasion for fun. I think it will call you sometimes! Its also fairly quirky so you could definately wear it casually too. imo
  10. I think it's beautiful as is -- besides, big statement rings are very IN right now! :smile: When it comes to heirloom pieces, I will always vote for keeping the piece in its original state. There's so much history in heirlooms that it'd be a shame to change anything. Plus, they just don't make 'em like they used to! Workmanship from past eras is usually handmade and very artistic.
  11. It may be large enough to convert into a pin if you wear them. :smile:
  12. Maybe you could make it into a barrette/hair pin if you wear them? I also like the idea of wearing it on your middle finger...
  13. i like it, it's retro and funky. would look great with something casual, as another poster mentioned, or for an evening out with something sleek and black.
  14. You could have it made into a pendant and wear it as a necklace?
  15. I really like it, very pretty!