New or Used...............

mdmc

O.G.
Nov 10, 2007
I am wondering for those of you who buy bags on e-bay, do you mind if the bags are used or do you prefer to buy them new? I think I prefer mine new. How about you?

I bought a used bag once and it was in wonderful condition. A legacy bag which of course shows wear over time and makes it look more beautiful (IMO).

I would buy again, for the right price.

NEW! I bought a used Ali off Ebay and while she was slightly used, something about it just didnt sit right w/ me so I turned around and sold her....I have TOTALLY regretted that decision, but I shouldnt have bought her on ebay to begin w/ I guess...Unless she was NWT!!!! I just like knowing that NOBODY "used" the bag but ME, even if it was for a short time!!!!

I have bought new and used on Ebay. Have never been dissappointed on any purchase. I do ask lots of questions and usually the 'used' bag are listed in 'pristine condition' or used only once or twice and when I get the bag home it looks just like a new bag!! I won a NWTags Cole Haan haircalf bag that retailed for $695...I won for $32.....kind of makes you wonder.....but authentic Cole Haan and the bag was at my local Dilliards for yes, $695.....the SA almost fainted when I showed her the bag...fun!! I am a Coach girl but could not pass up the gorgeous Cole Haan Hair Calf bag and it is in a gorgeous wine/brown...lovely. I just recieved my ALI and it was new and got her for $172 which as I see is a GREAT deal. White ALI ending in 2 hours and is at $132 if anyone is interested???? I do not know if I can put link here??? Not my bag just one I was watching.

I dont like to buy used. I would freak out if there was a piece of someone's hair or something like that in the bag when I got it. Im a germ-a-phobe though! A lot of people dont mind it and they end up getting good deals- i wish i could get over the fact that it grosses me out in some way!

I cannot say that I've never purchased a used bag, but I prefer not to. The only time I consider it is when a new bag is out of my price range or if a bag is pristine. Of course, it really depends on who you buy it from, too. A lot of people here, for example, are just as obsessive about bags as I am while some random ebayers you never know.

If I can help it, I get the bag new. But if I am saving a colossal amount of $, and the bag is in good shape, I'm not entirely against buying used. Who is going to know anyway?