New Leather For F/W 2006??

moe

Jan 10, 2006
Do any of you know if the leather will be different for F/W 2006?? I'm starting to want a Balenciaga city again, i bought a white twiggy and origin( olive green) city earlier this year and ended up returning them because the leather felt cheap to me.

Email directly from BNY...

"We are starting to take orders for the New Fall/Winter Bag collection! As some of you may have heard the leather will be a touch thicker like our bags in the past. The bags will still be as supple and light as always. The distressing will not be as severe.
Please also realize that though the colors may sound the same they're not, except for Black and White."

Thanks SOCAL!!!! do you know when they are coming out? are the new emerald and cognac colors already the fall/winter collection with the thicker leather?

ooh, this is so exciting. It sounds ike it's going to be somewhere in between the old and new leather? Can't wait.

SoCal said:

"We are starting to take orders for the New Fall/Winter Bag collection! As some of you may have heard the leather will be a touch thicker like our bags in the past. The bags will still be as supple and light as always. The distressing will not be as severe.
Please also realize that though the colors may sound the same they're not, except for Black and White."

This is good news! But they keep saying they are taking pre-orders, and when I call to pre-order, they tell me "not yet" and they will call me when they actually start a list. Has anyone else heard this?

SoCal said:

OOOOHHH this is GREAT news!!! Thanks for sharing SoCal!! Can't wait to see them in person & hear reports from you PFers who pre-ordered

ET, I think they already start preorder list... I've just emailed Sarah at BNY... but since I've got my indigo city bag, so, I decided not to preorder the new bag...

Actually, in AtelierNaff blogspot, he/she post the sample of new bag for FW2006... looking from that pictures, I think it still looks the same as current new leather.. Here I attached the pics

Attachments

• bluegrey.jpg
    bluegrey.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 74
Yes, they have started a pre-order list.

Again, direct quote from BNY email:

Please also realize that though the colors may sound the same they're not, except for Black and White.

Colors:
Pre-Collection: Black, White, Truffle(Mushroom), Forest Green, Oxblood, Fire Engine Red, Blueberry, and Cement.
Collection: Olive Brown( Brown with a hint of green), Lite Caramel, and Blue/Grey(almost the color of a deep ocean).

Ship Dates:
Pre-Collection: arriving end of June until August.
Collection: mid-August thru October
Delivery Dates Can Vary
We're sorry but we are not allowed to send photos or colors swatches.
Spring Handbag (Dimensions in L"x W"xH") and Prices:
First (13x2x6) $995
City (15x3.5x10) $1195
Twiggy (14x6.5x7) $1055,
Day (16x5x13) $995
Messenger (16x5x13) $1040 (same shape as the Day bag but with a long adjustable shoulder strap) Work (18x5x13) $1275 Weekender (21x9x15) $1385
Men's Weekender (21x9x15) (longer handles to fit over shoulder)
Box (11x5.5x7) $985, Shopping (15.5 x 6 x 12) $1175, open tote, longer shoulder straps- can fit over shoulder Purse (17x1x11) $1095, Handles fit over shoulder, flat with a zipper Shrug (13x6x14) $995, hobo, flap w/ magnetic closure
Small Courier (13x8.5x12) $1095, messenger bag with a large pouch that slighty curves around the body. Handles fit on shoulder or across the body.

*** A SHOULDER STRAP COMES WITH THE FIRST, CITY, BOX , AND TWIGGY STYLES***"