New Kooba Bag...OMG-the price!!!

JNH14

Midlife...no crisis!
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
I cannot believe that they are selling this bag for this much $$$. Koobas are nice-I have three, but $1000? :wtf: ($975 before tax)

Kooba 'Carrie Disco' Metallic Tote

Magnetic snap closure. Double straps with chain detail.
Metallic mirror leather with laser cut pattern

Any thoughts on this? :rolleyes:

And to think the bags used to be made in China and had a SRP of $250 or so. Now they're made in China, and the prices have more than doubled. Gee, thanks Kooba!

*dripping in sarcasm*

That's a shame - as much as I love my Koobas, I would never pay that kind of a price for any Kooba (or frankly any bag...I just don't spend that kind of money on a piece of leather).
I think that they're thinking they can command this kind of price but I don't know why....I was Nordie's a few weeks back and was oogling the really high-priced stuff - like Chanel, some Marni, Gucci - and on the 'other side' of the section was Kooba. I laughed - and said "is that the slums?" and the SA said "oh yeah" (dead serious)...:s
Kooba is a wonderful bag...but not for $1000. Sorry.....

I LOVE my Kooba Lucy (got her off ebay a year ago)--great shape, a real 'workhorse' of a bag. I can put a water bottle in a side pocket, she doesn't hate the rain and always looks great--not like this bag ($1000, sheesh, ita with the used Chanel statement).

It also comes in the most insane silver color :wtf:

_5481981.jpg

I was just going to mention that Silver! They won't be able to give those bags away. Wouldn't it be funny to walk into your local TJ MAXX and see the Disco Kooba! :nuts:

I hope Kooba is testing the price waters with that one. And that they are not pleased with the result.

Meanwhile, I bet we see the crazy silver on some celeb soon (though I admit I would carry it if someone bought it for me!).