New Hermes Store in Downtown Manhattan

birkinbaby said:
Oh well, this is the world we live in now. I escape by coming here to talk about bags!

birkinbaby: Me, too. I think with all the unrest in this world, I've been spending more money than ever, particularly in 2006. I want to enjoy and appreciate as much as I can, as long as it's not reckless.

Birkinbaby, I give you alot of credit living and working where you do. It takes a truly strong person. I would be very nervous.

I am glad the luxury items you bought bring happiness to you a little bit and that the forum is a nice little escape as well. (I'd like to think that I am a little part of that as well. :smile: )

I'm glad you can come here to escape the real world...

Thanks for sharing about the opening in Manhattan. Maybe I'll have to make more business trips to NY next year! :o)

birkinbaby said:
I have a 30 bicolor box (chocolate brown and cyclamen) and a 35 rouge H chevre birkin.
Hey, Birkinbaby, I have the same bicolor! and almost bought a rouge h but I wanted it with gold hardware...so I'm still waiting for that one.:amuse:

birkinbaby said:
As for VIP status, I think you have to buy more than two birkins and a scarf to get there!

That's great that there will be a new store opening. Seems like Hermes is building more and more stores!

And on another note, your comment raised a question I have been wondering about. What exactly IS VIP status with Hermes (the perks I mean) and how do you acquire it?

that's great news--high end stores are not too common down there and all the traffic the new store brings will hopefully continue to help other businesses

wow, if you lived in that building you could nip on down to the store in your slippers, even...wonder if they deliver...

nathansgirl1908 said:
And on another note, your comment raised a question I have been wondering about. What exactly IS VIP status with Hermes (the perks I mean) and how do you acquire it?
the sum you have to drop depends from store to store and their customers. but generally you have to buy a lot of ready to wear silks cashmere etc and of course bags but they score second to the other garments ;)

addicted said:
I'm glad you can come here to escape the real world...

Thanks for sharing about the opening in Manhattan. Maybe I'll have to make more business trips to NY next year! :o)
Me too. Looks like I have a reason now to lie to my boss whenever I went to NY.:amuse:

*Naughty Me!!*:amuse:

I love it!! I'm actually kind of surprised that there is only one Hermes store in NYC, when in comparison there are four in London. I'm glad it'll open another one downtown.

As for living down there, my friend got an apartment very soon after 9/11 when the housing went waaaaaaaay down, but now the value has risen and I think it's a good investment.

callmelulu said:
wow, if you lived in that building you could nip on down to the store in your slippers, even...wonder if they deliver...
I like your thinking... (the slippers !:roflmfao: ) would be funny...wonder about the store in your pajamas, sipping morning coffee!...after that they would OFFER to deliver upstairs for free!:lol: