New Hermes Store in Downtown Manhattan

1. Hermes has signed a lease for a new store at 15 Broad Street in Downtown Manhattan!!! Yayyyyy!!! That's my neck of the woods! I don't see too many people carrying Birkins where I work in Downtown Manhattan. But this may soon change. Also, that's another place to spend those Wall Street bonuses.

Oh, I'm so excited! I will be going in there everyday!!!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :lol: :p :p :p :p

2. Uh Oh, that can be dangerous.

3. Good thing they will open NEXT year, I was mistaken that it will be this year. Enough time to save for my next big purchase!

4. oooh i can't wait until they open i'm sure it'll be gorgeous inside......and hopefully for their opening they'll have lotsa bags :lol:

5. I LOVE how our mind works. We work hard, save hard to buy HERMES!! :love:

6. YAY!!! Sounds like it's going to be another Birkin for you! :nuts:

7. Gigi:

I have two Birkins and that is enough for me (although I do wear them everyday!) I want a Kelly!!! And more scarves and other Hermes treasures!

I predict there will be lots of women walking around with Hermes bags near the new Hermes store after it opens downtown, just like women walk around with Birkins near the Madison Ave. store. If you have around $2 million, you can buy an apartment in the building that will have the Hermes store on the main floor.

8. BB - what colors and leathers are your birkins? It's hard to keep straight - I have one birkin and probably next fall want another one and am trying to think about colors -

9. Birkinbaby...maybe you should get hubby to relocate your home to that building!!! It would make it even easier on you. Hee hee

I am happy because you are a great person and you should start out as a VIP there...non one the better! I want to hear all about the opening party.

10. Oh, this will be dangerous. I'm almost glad my H store is a long drive for me!

11. We looked at apartments in Downtown Manhattan, but I got too nervous! On 9/11, I was trying to escape the city by taking the subway, and then the power went out and they told us to evacuate the station, so I escaped to a restaurant near Wall Street where I stayed for a few hours while the towers fell! I actually saw the black dust when the towers fell, and it was like nighttime. After 9/11, no one wanted to live Downtown and I got a lot of congestion due to all the pollution from the rubble. It just makes me very nervous to be putting so much money into a high target area. $2 mil for an apartment isn't cheap! AND this was the second time the terrorists attacked downtown (remember 1993). I work downtown because I like my job and have no desire to change jobs, but I am nervous about taking my kid there! Oh well, this is the world we live in now. I escape by coming here to talk about bags!

As for VIP status, I think you have to buy more than two birkins and a scarf to get there! I will keep my eyes and ears open for any new developments and take photos of the construction of the store!

12. I have a 30 bicolor box (chocolate brown and cyclamen) and a 35 rouge H chevre birkin.

13. Great news! Thanks for the heads-up! I'll be checking that store out as well!

14. Oh yes! I'm not a fan of brown but yours with the cyclamen is just beautiful! I have the rouge H chevre in the kelly and that is also perfect :love:

15. Oh, I would love a rouge H chevre Kelly! It's so chic!