New Here. Please Help Me With My First Big Purchase

1. Hello, this is my first post here, and I was wondering if you all could help me....

I've always been a handbag lover, but I never had the money to purchase the bags I really wanted. For this up-coming Christmas my boyfriend said he would buy me a handbag of my choice, as long as it's under $1000. I'm so excited, and my first thought went to getting a Louis Vuitton bag.

Here's the deal...

Since getting a name brand, expensive handbag is a very rare thing for me I want to make sure I pick a bag that not only will look good but will last me a long time. I want something that will be "in style" years from now, and still be classic.

I normally like smaller bags with shorter handles for holding (I'm not much of a strap/shoulder handbag person..) BUT the one LV bag that has always caught my eye was the Cabas Piano and I think I would actually make the switch to a bigger, shoulder bag for that one.

So, I would love to hear everyone's opinion, not just one the Cabas Piano, but on any bag.... What is a good sized, beautiful, classic bag that will last me for a long time? If you could only have one bag for the next few years what bag would you pick (under $1000)? It doesn't even need to be a LV, any suggestions / opinions are very welcome.

Thanks you so much

2. Hello and welcome to the PF. ;)

My suggestions:
    Popincourt Haut
    Batignolles Horizontal

3. I both like the Mezzo and Johns suggestions but the Speedy is also a great choice, especially if you like handheld bags

4. Mono Speedy 30 AND a Mono Key and Change Holder!

And welcome!:flowers:

5. i love the Popincourt Haut and Batignolles Horizontal. they're both great shoulder bags :yes:

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Welcome!
    I like either the Batignolles or Batignolles Horizontal..those are the most versatile and you'll find many uses for either!

7. i like the popincourt haut and coussin gm. :angel:

8. I vote for Batignolles Horizontal for shoulder bag. If you'd like the handheld kind, I like the Speedy

I have a Cabas piano and I love it. But I know a lot of girls here don't like it because of the bottom.

9. Hmmm... Speedy would be my preference and I have it and love it. I just bought the Cabas Piano and it is perfect... shoulder bag, great size, classic, zippered top, big enough, but small enough, holds its shape. But I love the Speedy 25 too.

10. Ditto - exactly! Please let us know what you decide and enjoy!! :flowers:

...and, welcome to tPF!:welcome:

11. i say there is nothing more classsic than a speedy, and since its under 1000 you may be able to get a small accessory too! the speedy 25 or 30 is great. IF you like smaller bags then go for the 25! good luck!

12. On the less expensive side, the Speedy, Papillon, and the Trouville are excellent choices for handheld bags. For something a bit more sophisticated, maybe the Brera, Ribera, Lockit, Ellipse, or Alma? The Petit Noe is an adorable bag that can be handheld or carried on the shoulder.

For shoulder-strap bags, the Batignolles and Popincourt Haut are good choices, and lots of people love the Bucket bags.

13. I would go with a mono 30 speedy. Not only is it a classic, it is easily affordable and well within the budget. Then, you could purchase a small accessory.

14. I would consider any of the Cabas or Speedy bags to be true classic because they've been with LV for many many years. Most women who own LV and other designer bags bags have probably owned a Cabas Piano, Cabas Mezzo or a Speedy at least one point in their lives.

The Popincourt Haut and the Batignolles are newer but also seem destined to be classics because they are very practical and functional as well as chic. In the end, you should go to the store and just see which one you like the best! You will know once you see it that it's meant for you!

15. Welcome, and congrats for getting your first LV:flowers:

My suggestions, (handhelds) :

Alma (mono, damier, epi)
    Speedy 25/30 (mono, damier, epi)

You cant go wrong with some of those, and they will be in style many many years :yes:

If you would like to have shoulder bag, then def. the Batignolles Horizontal.