New here--First LV Purchase!

Newgrlonthebloc

More LV Please...
Feb 27, 2007
Hi,
I'm new here. I've just purchased my very first LV bag after years of contemplating the purchase...lol. I never could justify buying the bag before. The cost wasn't an issue but the 'guilt' was in my case. I couldn't justify spending that much for a bag. I use to spend no more than 200 dollars for a bag.
Okay---I got over it and KNOW I'm worth it...lol.
Anyway, I started with the Speedy 30. I figured it was a basic and staple---a great one to start with. I purchased it from Eluxury.com. Great service and great bag. It arrived fast and I love it.

I also just placed an order for the Coach Ergo Scarf Print bag. I just like it and think it will go with a lot of my spring wardrobe.

I think that's it for bags right now. I will probably buy another for fall. That's my rule now. I'm going to purchase 2 bags a year only--max 3. One for Spring/Summer and one for Fall/Winter. Good thing my husband is also one who likes 'good things'. He has been telling me for years to just buy the things....lol.

Nice to 'meet you all'!

Congratulations and have fun wearing your new bags. The Speedy is a classic and you will have it forever. I have not seen the new Coach bags yet but my sister was in the Coach store last week and said they had wonderful things.

Thanks All! It's wonderful to have found this site:smile: . I will stick with my rule because I am truly an investor if anything. I will splurge once in a while but my true nature is to save and invest. I guess that is a good thing and it's also what has kept me away from the high end bags so long.

Plus, I cleaned my closet when I made these purchases and gave away some of my other bags. That helped eliminate some guilt....lol.

I REALLY want the Nomade Speedy now but that will have to be purchased next year....If I'm going to stick with my own rule and to my own budget on bag cost...and when I buy that one it will certainly have to be my only purchase for the year....lol. Yep, it's going to be difficult...lol.

Thanks again for the Welcomes!

Welcome. Great choice with the speedy - that was my first purchase after joining tpf. Be warned though - I had one little LV that I'd had for 4 years and was quite happy with. Had no hankering whatsoever for anything expensive.
I found this place and now I have a mono Speedy 30, am about to get a red epi petit noe and have a list as long as your arm for a shopping trip this spring!
I really admire your restraint and wish you well - hope you can resist that tpf temptation!!

Thanks again! I'm going to post a pic of my bag. I've never posted a picture here before but I will try. Give me a few minutes...I may have to charge my DigiCam battery.....
I will post sometime today!:smile: