New here and REALLY wanting my first LV.

1. So I come here and lurk ALL the time to drool over all of the fab bags I see. I have been starting out small on my bag obsession and slowly it has been growing. I first started with Coach bags. Bought lots and lots, but my eye has always been wandering. I then fell in love with the look of the Balenciaga bags, but never brought myself to actually buy one. I have ALWAYS wanted a LV bag. The price scares me a bit since I am usually buying bags in the 200-400 dollar range, but I REALLY want one. I dont even mind buying a gently used one off of here once I get my post count high enough. I think I have decided to start saving up for one. I am a mother of 3 boys and we just moved into a new neighborhood where the cost of living is a bit higher than where I used to live so I cannot just splurge anytime I want to anymore...soooo..I have got to make my one purchase and venture to the LV side a good one!! I have been loving the look of the Speedy bags. I am not sure how big of a difference a 25 to a 30 is, but I do know that I love big bags. Not sure if I want the Damier or the Mono or really what bag I even want in general. They are all so beautiful!! :yes:

So my question is.....

If you had to save up for only ONE LV bag and it would possibly be your only LV bag you ever had...which would it be? I am going to start saving and I just thought since you guys know so much about them that you would be a great help in pointing me in the right direction to a great bag! Also...where are good places to buy one? I am thinking I might buy one online because I am too nervous to go into the LV store and start asking prices on everything. I know..I am a nerd I guess.:nuts:

Thanks so much for all of your help!

2. Don't be afraid to go into the store! They are just bags, so don't let them scare you! I think if you like big bags then you should go with the speedy 30, but you really should try it on first!

I personally have both the regular mono and the damier in the 30 and I love both of them. The damier is a little more discreet, assuming people aren't as obsessed as I am! I can spot a Louis from a mile away! ;)

3. totally get the Speedy, its a classic and its not that expensive! a lot of tPFers get that as their first Louis.

4. The speedy is a wonderful bag. I chose the black epi speedy 25 as my first bag and it is still my love. :smile:

5. I think the Mono Speedy 30 would be a great 1st LV!

6. If you like the speedy, that's the perfect choice. It's very classic and reasonable priced. The 25 is around $595 and the 30 is around $620. (both monogram and the damier are the same).
    My suggestion is just to go the store and try it on. I can't help but notice that you live in Los Angeles. There are a lot of stores nearby. It's really fun to come in to the store and try on the bags that you consider buying.... :graucho:

7. Girl I am in the same boat as you! I lurk ALLLL the time, all while dreaming about the Damier Speedy 30 I'm going to get when I save up the money. It sucks being in college & not having the disposable income to buy all these bags I want but I know that in the end it's going to feel sooooo satisfying when I finally do get it! Good luck to you. :roflmfao:

8. I was in a similar situation about a week ago, and I took the plunge and bought the mono speedy 30. It's by far the most expensive bag I have ever bought, and being a college student $620 (plus tax) is a LOT to me. But I can honestly say that it's my new favorite bag. It goes with everything, adds instant style to my outfits on those days when I don't feel like or don't have the time to really plan out my look for the day. It's just a great bag, I don't have a single bad thing to say about it.

When I initially bought it part of my reasoning was that if I never buy another LV bag, I at least have this one classic piece. But I'm so pleased with this I doubt it will be my last lol!

9. I think the Speedy is a PERFECT choice!

10. as everyone else has said, the speedy is a great choice for a first bag. it is also a great entry level bag for LV.

go to the boutique and see what you like. don't be intimidated by the store!!

11. Yes, I agree that the speedy is a great bag. Since you like bigger bags, I would suggest the 30. Good Luck!

12. I would purchase the mono speedy 30.

13. go for the speedy 30! really timeless piece and holds so much!The neverfull is also really nice, though has no zipper.. And it's really not that expensive! only 420 euros or something like that...
    Good luck on deciding!

14. If you dont want to venture into a store yet, go to elux and familiarize yourself with all the different styles LV has. When you're ready go to the boutique and see them in person. Try to get your first LV from the boutique!!!!