New Coach Line

It rerally feels like to me that they want to become a high end bag so they just doubled all of their prices. The bags are all the same just cost twice as much. Very upsetting for all of us long time Coach lovers. I didn't think that Coach was really for the teen crowd that's what D&B got going.

I will not pay more than $500 for a Coach! (Thank goodness the tote is less than that, but then agian it is only fabric)

ILoveCoach said:
I agree, I don't think raising their prices is a smart move... I believe they'll lose lots of long time customers. Maybe they are trying to move away from the 13yr old crowd?

they've definately lost my mom. she's not really in to designer bags but did like coach, and now she has said she will never buy another bag from them because they're just not what they used to be.

ETenebris said:
Thanks for the color update! I looked at the Daphne and it is a little too metallic for me. I already bought my white bag for the summer, so I may pass on the $800 Coach (and yes, they ARE getting to big for their britches...or their prices). But I do like this little pleated wristlet:

I have that pleated wristlet in brown, and like it. It's a nice size if you don't want to carry a whole purse, or you can use as a makeup/ncidentals case inside a bigger bag.

This is very upsetting to me, instead of being able to buy a bag every 2 months or so, I'll have to wait more like 4 months! And if I have to wait that long, I'll finally move to a different brand. It sounds like Coach is trying to start a riot if they offer the same bags for TWICE the price.

I feel exactly the same ladies! This is ridiculous! The quality is the same but the prices go up even worse than LV does! I just don't understand how a Coach store ,which is located in a local mall like my town, can bring prices up so high right next to a steve madden or a bebe store. If they want to go to a different level of luxury and move away from a certain age level then move to a neimans or saks or something.

I have a few Coach bags, which I like, but if I am paying more than $500 or $600 for a bag, it better say one of these three things on it:

Made in the USA

Made in Italy

Made in France

(or maybe Made in Spain for some LVs ;) )

love2shop said:
I feel exactly the same ladies! This is ridiculous! The quality is the same but the prices go up even worse than LV does! I just don't understand how a Coach store ,which is located in a local mall like my town, can bring prices up so high right next to a steve madden or a bebe store. If they want to go to a different level of luxury and move away from a certain age level then move to a neimans or saks or something.

the thing that bugs me the most is that the ONLY thing that is changing is the price. they're using the same materials, the same craftsmanship, the same factories, and mostly the same designs as always, but suddenly they want more money for the same product. apparently they think we're idiots with credit cards, and i don't like to be treated like that as a consumer. no more coach for me. ever.