New Clothes and Afraid to Wear?

1. I'm a 29 years-old stay at home mom of 2 little kids. Almost half of my clothes are new with tags. It's nothing fancy, but just nice, preppy clothes. (shop mostly at Ann Taylor Loft, Express, Macys, Banana Republic) I want to wear them, but feel there's no purpose because I'm a stay at home mom. Some people do think I'm a bit shallow because I dress nicer than they do, but again I don't own expensive brand clothing. What do you think I should do?
  2. wear them!!!

it can feel good to dress nicely even if it's just for you. as long as they are clothes you can afford, you should wear them proudly!
  3. wear them! Most days I sit around my house in Tracksuits w/ no makeup or anything. I'm a 29 yr old Stay at home mom of 3 and It gets really depressing not having a reason to wear my nice clothes anymore, I hate it. Sometimes I at least get dressed even if I'm not going out, at least I feel like a normal person again.
  4. wear them.. being at home is not reason for not wearing them and not to wear a nice least even you're only at home you can wear a nce clothes than a usual clothes at home...
  5. Wear the clothes! I got rid of all my baggy, casual wear. Just don't buy anymore clothes that are difficult to clean- doesn't mean you have to look slouchy.
    Maybe you'll find more reasons to get out!
  6. I have a friend that is a stay at home mom. She is so damn chic! When she wakes up in the morning, after she straightens up her house, she dresses really cute and does her hair. I love that about her. She is always ready to accept unexpected guests.

Life is short. If the clothes are comfortable, wear them!
  7. I thought I was the only one that did this. I do the same thing. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm much older than you are and I'm having a hard time breaking the habit of wearing my old stuff. I'm 51 and take care of my 3 yo gd who also lives with me (with her mom) so I'm in your same boat. I just bought a bunch of new things, mostly every day type clothing and I'm having a hard time wearing it. When I do put it on, I feel like I'm dressing up with no place to go. Ok, I'm going to the grocery store and preschool but does it really require Tahari pants and a BCBG sweater? No. of course not. But I'm trying to look nicer, I really am. It doesn't help when I put something new on and my daughter or a neighbor will say, "where are you going?" This has really happened and it makes me even more self conscious. Maybe we can both make a concerted effort to wear out clothes. I was at PT this morning and I'm wearing sweats but I'm going upstairs to change right this very minute! Thanks ladies, for helping me get my thinking right on this.
  8. wear them! i work pt and stay home and i feel so much better when i get dressed. even if it's just jeans and a sweater or other nice, casual top (i shop at the same stores!)
    a neighbor always 'teases' me about how 'nice' I look all the time. its kinda annoying. she pretty much only wears sweats. and im just not a sweats kinda girl....jeans are my version, i guess.
    i say, let people think and say what they want. maybe they are jealous!:rolleyes:
    and, wear your cute, preppy clothes!!!!:tup:
  9. I agree with you that life is short and I should enjoy every minute of it! :tup: