New Chicago Boutique - a Handbag Lover's Paradise!

I just received an email from Bess & Loie - Everything in the store will be 20% off during Thurs' Open House, including sale items!!! In addition, they are hosting a trunk show on Sat, 12/1 and once again, everything in the store will be 20% off! I for one, will definitely be there (hopefully Thursday, but if not, Saturday for sure!!) Anyone from TPF planning on attending? I'd definitely want to meet up!!!

I posted in the Deals & Steals thread - check it out for all the details
http://forum.purseblog.com/deals-an...g-bess-loie-including-212209.html#post4491425

Does anyone know what the parking situation is like in that area? I'm new to Chicago (and haven't got my midwest navigation DVD yet)... I don't mind getting lost for a great handbag but I wonder if it's better to drive or take a cab...

Does anyone know what the parking situation is like in that area? I'm new to Chicago (and haven't got my midwest navigation DVD yet)... I don't mind getting lost for a great handbag but I wonder if it's better to drive or take a cab...

You know I've only been there late on a Saturday afternoon when the parking's pretty ample right in front. I don't know where you are located, but the shop is right under the Lake Street el tracks. If you're near the el, you might just want to take that - otherwise, call Ally at the store and ask her about parking during the event. She might have worked something out with someone in the area (she's really nice & I'm sure she'd be able to help you) Oprah's Harpo studios is only 2 blocks away so I'm sure there's parking close by.

When are you thinking about going?

You know I've only been there late on a Saturday afternoon when the parking's pretty ample right in front. I don't know where you are located, but the shop is right under the Lake Street el tracks. If you're near the el, you might just want to take that - otherwise, call Ally at the store and ask her about parking during the event. She might have worked something out with someone in the area (she's really nice & I'm sure she'd be able to help you) Oprah's Harpo studios is only 2 blocks away so I'm sure there's parking close by.

I don't know that area very well yet but I'm sure I could Google it... I'm in the Wicker Park/Bucktown area... I was thinking about going on Saturday...

Yes you shouldn't have a problem parking in this area. You may have to look a little bit but you should find one pretty fast. I wish I can go to this but I already have dinner plans that night! I know that I will probably be kicking myself when I see all your posts on what cool things you bought the next day!!

Yes you shouldn't have a problem parking in this area. You may have to look a little bit but you should find one pretty fast. I wish I can go to this but I already have dinner plans that night! I know that I will probably be kicking myself when I see all your posts on what cool things you bought the next day!!

The sale extends to Saturday too - I guess she's hosting a trunk show for a jewelry designer, so you have your choice of Thur or Sat -

I don't know that area very well yet but I'm sure I could Google it... I'm in the Wicker Park/Bucktown area... I was thinking about going on Saturday...

In all honesty, if I were you I'd take the el - I'm not sure what line you're closest too, but if you travel into the city and transfer over to the Lake Street el (the Green Line) take it West to either Halsted or Racine (the store is about halfway between those two streets - the block that the store is on is bordered by Morgan on the east, Carpenter on the West - if you go to Mapquest, you can see exactly where it's at - http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...+W.+Lake+Street&city=Chicago&state=IL&zipcode=)

I just talked to Ally (she's so sweet!) and she's going to try to order me the Lauren Conrad bag from Linea Pelle - if she can, she told me she'll take a deposit on Thu or Sat and deduct 20% when it comes in!!! YEA!!! crossing my fingers that she can get the bag - I really want it in Olive Green (I saw pics of LC in various mags this month carrying this bag & knew I would love it - I had a feeling it was LP!!)

Ally said she's so excited about this weekend's events and is hoping for a good turnout - I'd love to make it a "PF meet-n-greet" for Chicago area members - Anyone else???

Darn! The LP, Lauren Conrad bag is only available thru the LP website, so I won't be able to get it from Bess & Loie - at least I can still get a 15% d/c (which isn't that much less than 20%!) - Maybe I'll get that Datoure bag I saw last month (maybe it'll be on sale!!)

Anyone else have plans to go?