New changes on Ebay question

1. Ok, I tried to sift through all the BS in their email sent regarding changes. I read somewhere that with some risky items paypal will hold onto the money until either positive feedback is left or 30 days with no dispute passes. What items would this be for? Would high end handbags (over $1,000) be considered risky? Who is affected by this (DREADFUL) change??

2. That's horrid. I mean what if the person forgets to leave feedback...?

3. Then it sounds like the seller would have to wait it out 30 days to get the money if the buyer doesnt leave f/b. Im just wondering what items would be in this category.

4. this new policy is horrible. I have sooo many things that I want to list on eBay but now I am really hesitant to. I wished there was a better outlet to sell our items other than eBay.

5. I think it's ridiculous 30 days to wait just to withdraw funds from your paypal account. I dont think I'll be selling items that are in that category.

6. Thats what I was wondering .,, what if the buyer never leaves feedback or forgets! I guess paypal will be making lots of interest on our money!

7. If you can prove delivery they will also remove the hold.....here is the new policy

Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement
    Effective Date: March 14, 2008 Beginning March 14, 2008, the PayPal User Agreement is being amended to include a new section 10.4 as follows:
    10.4 eBay Item Hold.
    eBay item hold. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on a payment you receive for an eBay transaction when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with the transaction. If PayPal places a hold on your payment, it will show as "pending" in your PayPal Account.
    Release of eBay item hold. PayPal will release the eBay item hold after 21 days unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. PayPal may release the hold earlier if either of the following applies:
    (a) The buyer leaves positive feedback on eBay,or

(b) PayPal can confirm delivery. PayPal will confirm delivery if you use USPS or FedEx to ship the item and (i) use PayPal shipping labels, or (ii) upload tracking information to PayPal via the transaction details page. This applies to US domestic transactions only.[/
    B]
    Additional hold period. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal on the transaction subject to the eBay item hold, PayPal may hold the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.

8. One way around it, ask for money orders? Takes longer for payments but in the long run? I know before I got paypal I always paid for and requested w/m.o. It's a thought, I know there are pros and cons.

9. Do we know what Paypal considers to be a "high level of risk" item???

10. Gawd! I HATE EBAY!!! :cursing:

11. A lot of buyers won't do money orders as it offers no protection from seller scammers.

12. Hi tPFers,
    anyone know the definition of this "high-risk" category?

13. Sounds like PayPal is trying to gain an edge by forcing sellers to go through them for shipping as well as payments.

14. As far as Paypal's assessment of "high-risk" it is a you-never-know what/when/why game. Right now I can tell you one thing for sure.... Paypal does a rapid check of credit scores and they will flag your account for sure if they find you have a mediocre score. I can almost for 100% guarantee a lot of their decisions are going to be based on those scores alone.

My advice, do not give Paypal any ammunition to flag your account. Do not apply for their credit cards, paypal credit, etc, no stuff that allows for them to run a credit check because believe me, it will be their assessment and if you appear risky your transactions will be for sure flagged.

15. My understanding was the paypal hold policy didn't affect sellers with 100+ fb. Is this wrong? A lot of new decisions do seem motivated by nickel & diming sellers. eBay must not meeting its forecasts.