new chanel earrings! QUESTION! HELP!

1. hey everyone. this is my first thread. i was pretty scared to post this, but i really needed help and didn't know where to post this question exactly, so here goes!

i just got my first pair of chanel earrings. i won them on eBay and just got them in the mail. :yahoo: they're beautiful and, thank goodness, authentic!

problem is, when i put them on and go to take them off, it's extremely hard to pull the earring-back off the cc piece. i feel like each time i take them off, the earrings bend because i have to use a lot of force to get the backs off. i read on other threads that i'll have to take them off each time i take a shower, swim, or something of that sort since it's costume jewelry. i'm afraid they might break soon!!

i know it should be normal that the earring be held together tight, but is there an easier, less excrutiating way to pull them off? like twisting the backs off or something? i just pull the backs to take the earring off, but i'm scared that if i keep doing that they'll break. :sad:

any answers to my dilemma?

2. sorry i cant help. but you have a georgeous earring. :biggrin:
  3. I have these earrings, and I know exactly what you're talking about. Those backs are really tight and you do feel like you could break the earring.

Honestly, I changed the backs with another pair of my earrings that are easier to take on and off. I've never been a fan of those disc backs anyway.

Now, they're working fine. Give it a try. I think you'll be pleased. These are great earrings and I get tons of compliments on them when I wear them. They have a nice sparkle as well.

Congrats on these beautiful earrings!
  4. thanks, piperlu. i'm gonna go change the earrings back right now!
  5. welcome!

I was going to suggest what piper suggested. . . glad it's a valid alternative!:biggrin:
  6. I have the same problem and I am just very careful taking them off.
  7. I have the same problem with those earrings as well. When I bought them, the first time I tried to take the backing off, the earring broke. The stem just broke off the earring. I took it back to Chanel and they replaced it for me the next day. I'm just super really careful now when I take the backing off. I guess it's just the way the earring were made.
  8. thank you guys! your help was reeeally appreciated. i'm going to try changing the backs for awhile. i can't seem to find the ones that fit right though. i might bring them to the Chanel in Short Hills by me if i can't find good backs.

thanks again =)
  9. I think we have the same pair of earrings!!!

I have a lot of trouble with the backs that Chanel provides for their earrings. I did bend a post trying to get the back on it once...lucky it didn't break!! I always use different backs....not the ones Chanel gives - they are just to tight and difficult to manuever. I use backs from any other post earrings, just plain butterfly backs.
  10. I have those earrings too! The backs that come with the earrings annoy me, so I just use another back that is more comfortable, and doesn't result in a tug of war :smile:

11. Same here..I did the same with mine also (switched the backs).
  12. i just found earring backs. they're definitely much better. thanks!!
  13. stunning earrings! congrats!
  14. Sooooooo pretty!! Congrats - glad you were able to figure out a solution to your problem too! :yahoo:
  15. thanks! =)