New Chain or Chain w/Leather Classic Flap?

daffyduck

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
For my first Chanel purse, I've decided to invest on the classic flap, so now I need your opinion to help me decide which shoulder strap chain I should get, the new chain or the classic chain w/leather? Which strap looks better with the classic flap in a black caviar leather, or should I get the crackled patent black leather instead? Which combo would make a better investment? Does the new chain only come in silver and gold? Or does it come in a dark silver color as well? :confused1:Ugh, I'm so confused with too many choices.:sos:

The new chain only comes in shiny silver (unless you get the distressed caviar which has a tarnished silver look to it). I just bought one in black caviar, but it is an e/w bag. The new chain gives the bag a more modern look. But if you want to go true Chanel CLASSIC, I would say go black caviar with the regular chain/leather strap. As you know, you can get that chain in either gold or silver hardware. I would also say go for the Jumbo size, if you can swing it.

Not sure about the new color chains, but for the classic flap I like the classic chain. Something about the fact it screams "Classic." I also just like the look of the leather and the chain intertwined.

i prefer the look of lambskin slightly more than caviar, but for practical reasons i will probably only ever buy caviar bags because i'd be too paranoid about wrecking lambskin bags!

Not the best pic..but here is one i found ..LOL
chanelpocket009.jpg