New blue for SS 2012 and AW 2012/2013

That's what I'd like to know too......it looks similar to Thalassa. Can someone who has seen it chime in? Thanks:smile:!

Unless that photo is really over lit, it does not look like the blue de galice swatches I just saw last week. It was more deep, similar to Thalassa but not quite as dark, with a tiny touch of teal. I really looked at it a while and I'm going back again this weekend to look again because I'm considering it for an order.

My store has really bad lighting, lol, so I'll take it neat the daylight and let you know.

Has anyone seen the new blue sapphir? Is it similar to the old one? I looked in the reference thread and in some pics it's really bright, and in others it's deep and dark. My store doesn't have swatches of this one but it's available for order.

Last edited:
Unless that photo is really over lit, it does not look like the blue de galice swatches I just saw last week. It was more deep, similar to Thalassa but not quite as dark, with a tiny touch of teal. I really looked at it a while and I'm going back again this weekend to look again because I'm considering it for an order.

My store has really bad lighting, lol, so I'll take it neat the daylight and let you know.

Has anyone seen the new blue sapphir? Is it similar to the old one? I looked in the reference thread and in some pics it's really bright, and in others it's deep and dark. My store doesn't have swatches of this one but it's available for order.

Thanks Dharma, very good description!

I saved this chart from a while ago and I don't remember which amazing TPFer made this chart. I have found it to be immensely helpful in that even if the colors are a bit inaccurate, the comparisons are pretty correct, I hope you know what I mean. I hope it helps!

image-3112603368.jpg

Yesterday my SA confirmed me that blue galice is not so light,but a medium shade of blue! I hope it is right,because they haven't the swatches yet

Can someone confirm that Bleu Tempete is a medium blue without any green?? TIA:smile:

I can confirm, I just bought a matte gator blue tempete kp and it is blue with gray undertones. Maybe it is more gray and lighter in gator, also it is chameleon. It is darker in the indoor lighting (at night almost looks gray not bright at all but can act as a neutral for me)and bluer in the sunshine outside. It is tdf!!!imho and I am a lover of blues!

Last edited:
Thanks prettychic and plumtree, that's very helpful! Just one last question (I promise, lol) in non exotic (it's gorgeous in croc, but I can't afford a croc Birkin:sad:) do you know in what other leathers it's produced, besides Fjord?

plumtree said:
Blue tempete in gator (?). I didn't buy this and am kicking myself to this day.

I bought a Kelly pochette croc in this color, and I have to say this photo is very true to real color, very pretty! I would regret it if I were you for not taking this beauty!