New Balenciaga colors in real life! Finally!

aaallabama said:
wow, that's the perfect analogy emila, thank you so much :yes:

p.s. my piggy-bank is already broken SerenitySue!!!

Lol! Yes, mine has cracks in it as it is.. :angel:. Was hoping none of the colours would appeal to me so I can go into bag hibernation for one season. Fat chance.:lol:

shoegal said:
Rouille is my personal favorite from this past season. I liked it so much I bought the color in two styles and wouldn't mind a third. I wear so many neutrals that it really pops. Also, I am not a red girl but rouille still gives the drama of a red.

I was thinking of he rouille again... first of all I'm not a red girl, so I cannot speak up for reds in general. Apart from this, maybe the thing is that there are colors that appear to be like a mix-up of different shades ona hypotetical palette. If I think of me playing with colors, I remember I hated when I could not produce "real" colors, i.e. "pure" colors. Think of oil paint. It is easier to get a red with hues of orange than a primary red. Thinking of Balenciaga colors, I seem to be more attracted to pure shades: emeraud, rouge vif, eggplant etc. etc. and somehow I cannot bring myself to like the "borderline" shades as the rouille or last season's lilac or anis or baby pink. Maybe there is a pattern in this.. maybe I like vivid pure tones and not half tones! Apart from this elucubration, which I wanted to share with you gals, I still think that every color is loved by somebody... think of my silver b-bag. I paid over retail for it and it seems to be one of the less coveted colors. Nonetheless, I love and cherish it like no-other bag!