New bag on the way from Saks!

1. Today I regretfully packed up my black metallic luxury bowler for its journey back to Saks in Boca. Because I had just applied a rather large payment on my Saks card toward it I thought, "Why not buy myself a new bag to cheer me up?!" I called Melissa in Boca and she said, "With all the newer style Chanel bags costing upwards of $2K, why don't you buy a less expensive but still timeless bag that will last?" And in less than a minute, she sold me the black caviar Grand Shopping Tote with silver hardware! I originally wanted navy but Saks doesn't have any left in stock. And after doing a search here, I found a post by our infamous Swanky about the navy shopper and how she doesn't have any shoes to match. I was like, :wtf: Damn, neither do I! I live in black, tan and brown shoes/boots all year round. I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying a navy bag with black or brown shoes, but that's just me.

I'm really hoping I will love the GST and that it will look good on me. I know I love the black/silver combo, so that's a given. If anyone has this color, let me know what you think! I'll post pics when it arrives on Thursday! :yes:

2. Congrats! I've got a Grand Shopper on my to buy list also. Can't wait for your pics!

3. Congrats, that's a nice treat!

4. Congrats on the new bag! Do post photos of you and your bag.

5. Sorry you can't keep both bags. But you will not be sorry with the Grand Shopper. It is great and so such a great value when you think about how much bag you are getting. I am carrying mine today.

6. Sorry to hear you sent the Goatskin Bowler back, I know what a tough decision that must have been. But you still have the Goatskin flap and deerskin bowler which you love too! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Grand Shopping tote. I have it but with gold chains (which may make it a bit dressier looking too). I really like it and tend to use it more for dressier occasions (my Cerfs and now CB I use for dress down/jeansy type). Congratulations in advance on your new purchase!

7. roey- I think you will love the grand shopper! I have it with silver hardware and love it! It's so timeless and classic.

8. Congrats roey! I know all too well what a hard decision you had to make regarding the goatskin bowler. You're going to love the black GS w/silver hardware. I can't wait to see pics.

9. Congrats! The grand shopper is also on my to buy list.

10. Congrats Roey!! I have the GST with gold hardware, & love it. It's an awesome bag & I think you'll really love it. Looking forward to your pics.

11. Congrats, Roey! Look forward to your report and pics!

12. Congrats and I'll check back for pics.

13. You did the right thing..I also have this bag with the gold and adore it...YOU WILL ALSO...:heart:

14. Very classic!!! Great choice.

15. I think you made a good move, Roey! ;) The Luxury Line bags are nice, but I personally think that the Grand Shopper is more timeless and classic, and that you will get more use out of it. Congrats.