New Bag and a Weird Warning

i'm sooo furious reading your thread! HOW DARE THEY DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT???
even if it's a gift, does it supposed to come as perfect as it was sent from?
that's soo plain rude? do they even have legal rights to do thing like this??

btw, ur bag is gorgeous honey :P

Thanks girls!!! I love, love, love the bag. It is a keeper for sure!!! You really can not see the mark and I missed it the first time checking out the bag. I guess it was just my freaky luck.

I will most likely not be marking anything as a gift if I get it shipped oversea's. I would rather pay the customs and have a non marked up bag then not. I really do think that this was done because someone was careless not because they did it on purpose.

My biggest beef is that if I ever wanted to sell it that now instead of perfect it comes with a red mark and dustbag. It's not that I want to but it does take some off the price since now it has flaws that I didn't put there.

Hopefully I get the shipping back from fed ex for the problem but I really am not that worried. I would buy from this PFer again and again as this was no way her fault and she is sooo sweet.

The bag is amazing and in great condition and I am pretty sure this is a color and a style I want to hold on to. I just can't stop looking at it and petting it. My dog is jealous. LOL

seahorseinstripes I think that customs can do anything if they think the bag is going to be resold. The fed ex lady told me they have drilled holes into items box and all.

Personally though I think this was someone being careless. The marks are to random and weird for this to be on purpose. I would of thought the red mark would of gone straight through the lettering on the dustbag. If they were trying to prevent resale of the bag they would of done more than put one tiny red mark on the bag.

Your bag looks beautiful!!! I want a first now...I shouldn't be reading these threads:rolleyes:

It is crazy that customs are allowed to do those kind of things, but I guess there's not much to do about it:yucky: I'm glad you didn't get more than a little dot on your bag!! (Still it is highly likely I would've completely freaked out about it myself, considering the money you put into it...)

Good luck with your new baby!!!:flowers:

I still don't understand what give customs the right to mark or destroy anything that comes from overseas? Why should they care if you bought it and resold it - aren't 90% of the clothes we wear manufactured overseas?
The whole thing is just ridiculous.

I just got a B-Bag from Hong Kong and while I can see from the tracking that it went through customs in San Francisco they did not open the package. I will have to check to see if it was marked as a gift or not. Peggy

Alexenjie, I am assuming (since I am not sure) that they are able to do this to prevent people from not paying duty on goods that are coming into the country. If it is a sample then they want to make sure it is not re-sold since they did not get their fee.

I don't think it is right and I would make a bigger stink about it if it was more than one tiny red mark on my bag. It bites my butt and if I get a bill from customs I will fight paying it but for right now I wanted to make everyone aware that this is something that can happen.

I myself had no idea that this could be a problem and they will drill holes in things.

Geeeeeeeez louise!! :shocked: I can't believe FedEx can just DAMAGE personal property like that...that is just ridonkulous! :wacko: Ordering anythign online these days makes me SO weary...now not just bc of the flakiness of delivery men/neighbors, but now customs possibly putting graffiti on my stuff! :wtf: Crazy world, I tell ya....

Thanks for the warning, and enjoy your new bag :heart: The color and leather look simply amazing, and that red dot isn't even noticeable in the pictures!!

This is shocking news indeed, and I'm sure only good old USA Customs dare do something like this - sorry to say this but if they can wage war on another country anytime they like, then what's opening somebody's parcel and marking or destroying the item/s inside?? That's small cake baby!

On another note, what if the bag you bought was WHITE instead of Lilac?? And the red mark is bloody obvious? What would you have done? Lodge a complaint to USA Customs?

Don't USA folks have anymore privacy and respect when it comes to the things they buy with their own money? Shocking indeed.

I had something similar happen once with US customs they actually broke a collector dolls head ... to check it seems if there wasn't anything hidden inside.
I was so mad, no refund no word of excuse.
I had bought it over ebay only good that I knew and trusted the seller.
Apart from that your bag just looks amazing, congrats!