New B-bag worries

1. Hello all,

I've learned so much from all of you over the past couple of months and have taken the plunge! I bought a grenat city from Joseph at BalNY. I have 2 questions for all of you experts:
    (1) I'm really happy with the leather (the perfect mix of distressed and soft) except for 1 thing - I noticed the raw (i.e. suede) edge where one flap of leather is sewn on top of another leather piece is whitish, as if the dye did not penetrate completely. I know that several others have noticed this on their '05-06 bags and was wondering what happens to those edges after the bags are used for a while? Do they darken like the handles? Or do these start to fray (because they weren't sealed)? I love the overall leather of the bag I got and am loathe to exchange it for another in the chance that I may get a bag with leather I don't like as much.

(2) I'm kind of afraid to use my bag! I'm going to treat it lightly with the AG spray and leather conditioner, but do these gorgeous, lightweight bags really hold up to daily use? I love it so much and don't want it to get ruined...but what would be the point if it slept in its box in my closet all the time?

Sorry my post was so long...must be overwhelmed with B-bag fever!:nuts: Thanks again!
  2. Use HER! It's only worth having the bag if you will love her and use her! She will get better with use! Softer, loose the glazy shine. It's wonderful!

Welcome to the world of Balenciaga!

I wish you well,

3. Congrats on your purchase, Pixie. I'm sure you received a beautiful Grenat City bag from Joesph. Don't worry about the whitish edging (it will be fine but if it bothers you too much perhaps he could find you another one), use the bag (it gets prettier the more you use it!), and have fun wearing it (you won't hurt it!). Enjoy! :smile:
  4. Congrats on your new purchase! I understand you want to keep your bag in pristine condition but like you said there's no point in keeping it in it's box.Take it out for a day and it'll most definitely get better with use....the leather becomes softer/slouchier and it becomes just yummy.

And if your not happy with the edges of the bag and are having doubts about it, just return it and describe to the SA how you want the bag to look like and that'll guarantee you get something you like.:smile:
  5. Congrats! Like the other girls said, you need to use that bag! The leather will become more plush. You can always return it and ask for another one if you really don't like the white in the bag. They want to make sure you are perfectly happy with the bag you have.
  6. I had this white edges as well on my grenat and the SA told me to buy a cloth pen in this colour and just paint it. I did buy it and now you can't see any white edges anymore and because it's a cloth pen it doesn't harm the leather. That's an option if you don't like the white edges.
  7. totally agree!!! :yes: :wlae: woo hoo... new b-bag!!! congrats!
  8. Congrats! I would agree and say use your new baby! They do get better and better with time! :yes: :p
  9. yes!! that's the magic of b-bags, the more you wear them, the better they are
  10. Thanks so much everyone for all of your advice! That's why I love this community!
    Tanja - where did you buy the grenat-colored fabric pen? What brand is yours?
    Thanks again everyone!
  11. Ooooh! Very good tip, Tanja! Thanks for posting this. Hopefully, my tassels will be colored/dyed, but if they aren't, I'll check out the local fabric store.
  12. I did the same thing to my black city. At first the white edge didn't bother me, but after about 6 months I called balenciaga and they told me thing same thing - so I just rubbed it gently along the white edge and it looks perfect. I was hesitant at first, but am so glad I did it. It bothered the heck out of me! :hysteric: