Neverfull MM or the Cabas Rivington?

aquafina

O.G.
Jan 23, 2009
I'm helping a friend decide on which LV tote to get. I have a Neverfull (MM) so I recommended the bag to her but she's considering the Cabas Rivington as well so we need comments from the experts here at tPf :smile:. Assuming both bags have the same price tag, which of the two would you choose?

I have the Cabas Rivington, which I love because of it's versatility. It wasn't my first choice when I was shopping for a bag but I couldn't take my eyes of it while I was in the LV store in Oahu. The zippers on the side gives the bag it's character.

When we're travelling, I like to keep it unzipped like a neverfull bag but even when it's zipped up it's still very spacious. Zipped up it is very structured. The opening of the bag won't really close fully though unlike the neverfull.

I was in the LV store in Portland 3 weeks ago, the SA there loved the Cabas Rivington because it wasn't as common. Honestly, I haven't tried on the neverfull so my opinion might be skewed. In the end, I think it's a matter of personal choice. Good luck!

I prefer the Cabas Rivington as it is less common than the neverfull, and the extra details make the bag more beautiful! There is structure in the Cabas Rivington, which is impt to me in a bag! (: Have fun choosing between the two!

I almost bought the cabas rivington this weekend. What turned me off about it was for the price (it had no cell pocket inside) I also thought when the sides were zipped up that it the side material then took up it's space on the interior, which would make it more difficult to get my wallet inside and out. I also was wearing a short sleeved shirt, and my arm was all red from where the straps were cutting in. I really do love the look of the bag, however I don't think it should be worth almost double the NF. So I vote NF.

I'm helping a friend decide on which LV tote to get. I have a Neverfull (MM) so I recommended the bag to her but she's considering the Cabas Rivington as well so we need comments from the experts here at tPf :smile:. Assuming both bags have the same price tag, which of the two would you choose?

I really like the look of the Cabas Rivington bc to me, it looks like a unique twist on the NF. But while you say, assuming both bags have the same price tag, are you and your friend aware that the Cabas Rivington is about twice the price of the NF? At that big of a price difference and a similar look, I would go with NF or a bag that looks altogether different for the Cabas price.

I have both and love them each for different reasons. The neverful looks more casual than the cabas. They are both roomy and comfy! I would try them both on and see which one you like the most.:smile:

the Cabas!
The NF is very popular and much less expensive, but everyone has one!
Also, the tiny narrow straps are reported to be very uncomfortable when carrying a lot of weight in the bag.
The cabas is very versatile, has thicker straps which I have found to be very comfortable. Keep in mind that any item in the DE has a less flexible, firm leather when compared to the vachetta on the mono or the DA.
The Cabas has a very classy look with the side zippers that make it so unique. I carry a Pomme cosmetic bag, Pomme zippy, Pomme agenda, Pomme clouche, and still have plenty of room for sunglasses and misc stuff, with the sides zipped up. (I emphasize the Pomme items because they are a bit stiff and tend to bit a bit more bulky than other SLGs.)
I have the Cabas, so I am biased. But I have never seen anyone else carrying my bag. I like that!!! While the NFs are much more frequently seen.
Both are great, obviously, and I'm sure you will make the right choice for you!

I think it's between if you want an open or closed top... Because the never full is always open.. I personally would pick the NF if I had to choose between these 2

I thought both were open top? I thought it was only the sides that could zip on the Cabas Rivington. Can the top also zip? I inquired recently, and the SA told it was also open top like NF.

*NYC Princess* said:
I thought both were open top? I thought it was only the sides that could zip on the Cabas Rivington. Can the top also zip? I inquired recently, and the SA told it was also open top like NF.

I just read someone else' post and looked at the pic... It looked zipped to me idk?!?! Excuse me if I'm wrong