Neiman's to Buy Rest of Kate Spade

1. WWD

Published: Friday, November 03, 2006, WWD
    Neiman's to Buy Rest of Spade
    By Sophia Chabbott and Jeanine Poggi
    In a move crucial to the future of Kate Spade LLC, Neiman Marcus Group said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday that it will purchase the remaining 44 percent of the accessories firm for about $59 million.
  2. Wow! That's awesome ~ wish it was my company I was selling! HA!HA!
  3. wowzers. Cool!!!
  4. Verrrry interesting!:hrmm:
  5. what does this mean? I have no idea
  6. I wonder what this means for Kate Spade.... Maybe some sort of overhaul?
  7. Yea I wonder what this means for Kate Spade... cool though if Kate Spade is happy with this and Neimans too.
  8. Wow...
  9. Neimans needs to have a damn sale already. They burn me up keeping all those nice bags at full price.:cursing:
  10. I wonder how much direct involvement the founders will have with the company once the sale goes through? There's plenty of good stories along these lines (Bobbi Brown), cautionary stories (Donna Karan) and outright debacles (Jil Sander....twice!). So it will be interesting to see what happens.
  11. Wow.
  12. I guess this is what's happening:

Published: Wednesday, November 08, 2006
    An Accessories Boost: Liz Claiborne Acquiring Kate Spade for $125M
    By Sophia Chabbott
    NEW YORK — Kate Spade has finally found a new home.

Liz Claiborne Inc. will announce today that it has acquired Kate Spade from Neiman Marcus Group for $125 million, according to sources involved in the deal. The transaction will close in the fourth quarter of this year, the sources said.
  13. ^ eek
  14. er...ummm...not sure how I feel about that. I guess we will have to wait and see. I get a little tired of the zillion and one L.C. branch-offs, sub-brands, whatever you want to call it....
  15. :roflmfao: