Need your sincere advices!

May I ask you what fits the bag? I need to put my wallet, two mobile phones, eventually lipstick (small), keys and paper tissues... maybe I can use something different from a wallet to gain space

It doesn't fit a whole lot. I've got an LV long wallet that I use in my larger bags, and I can't use that, of course. Instead of a wallet, I use a Chanel credit card holder. In addition to that, I put a small hand cream in the bottom, along with a lipstick or lipgloss, a cell phone and Chanel key holder that's kind of like a LV Cles with a bunch of keys and a remote on it, and a checkbook. It's really jam-packed with that in there. I think you would definitely have to ditch the tissues and maybe even one of the cell phones to get everything to fit. Are you close to a boutique so you could go try your things in it?

alice from italy, i think the east/west is a wonderful choice! it is well priced and definitely a classic that will last you forever. :yes:

i wear my chanels both dressed up and down. that's the beauty of chanel- it can go with almost anything!
when you go into the boutique, i do agree that confidence is key. usually if an SA can tell you are a serious buyer, she will give you the attention you deserve. regardless though, in the end it is completely YOUR prerogative to buy or not. i would never give my business to someone who didn't treat me right.

Yay...congrats to you on your impending bag purchase!!! Wear it with anything and everything...and as far as going into the store...I NEVER worry what i look like....I always just think to myself that I am the one that is there to spend $$$, so it shouldn't matter a bit what I have on!!

If you go in and tell a SA that you are buying a graduation gift for yourself (or some such thing), they will know you are serious and will certainly give you the help you need. (I suppose they would be less helpful if someone were to tell them they were just looking.)

Are you sure the east/west is going to be large enough for you?

By the way, I think these bags look fabulous with casual clothes.

I am trying to save for a house and understand the whole savings thing. But the answer to your question depends on where I am at the time. If I was at home I might say save your money, but if I was at a boutique I would say BUY BUY BUY :yahoo: !!! But I do want to congratulate you on the pending purchase. Also don't let the SA's intimidate you. Go in there with your head held high!!! Good luck.

Even if I could afford to dress in head-to-toe designer I don't think I would do it. I admire expensive shoes but know that wearing them would cause nothing but worry - to me, walking on hundreds, even thousands of dollars - is something one should do only if money was abundant and would never run out. On the flip side, there are shoe-lovers who would say that about a nice handbag. Wear what you love!

One expensive designer piece, like a handbag, makes a statement even if you're wearing destroyed jeans and keds (something I frequently walk around in on a daily basis).

Hi Alice, east-west is a great choice! what color are u thinking? anyway, I think you could try using a credit card case for cash and other cards? also...sometimes when I'm using my smaller bags, I just stash my cards and cash into the compartments in the bag. maybe you could try that?
You're totally right, I am going to use a credit card case I already have that I use when I carry small bags!! Also, I have never thought about the compartments in the bag!!! :graucho:

I just wanted to say that I thought your post was adorable and you definitely deserve your bag!
East west is a great choice if you can fit what you like to carry in it. don't be bashful to put your stuff into it in the store and see if it holds everything.
BTW, I always wear my Chanels with jeans and casual clothes! No worries there.
Have fun when you shop! Don't feel intimidated at all

Blush, thanks!!! :love:
I think I will try to do that in the store! :yes:

It doesn't fit a whole lot. I've got an LV long wallet that I use in my larger bags, and I can't use that, of course. Instead of a wallet, I use a Chanel credit card holder. In addition to that, I put a small hand cream in the bottom, along with a lipstick or lipgloss, a cell phone and Chanel key holder that's kind of like a LV Cles with a bunch of keys and a remote on it, and a checkbook. It's really jam-packed with that in there. I think you would definitely have to ditch the tissues and maybe even one of the cell phones to get everything to fit. Are you close to a boutique so you could go try your things in it?
I have an Alviero Martini pochette with similar dimensions, I checked with the ruler LOL and in that pochette I usually put 2 mobiles (they are not too big), my wallet and the key, I think I can forget about the tissues, you're right LOL
I will try for sure to see what it can really keep! I'm about one hour by train and half an hour by walk from the boutique - the train is to go to Venice and then the long walk to Piazza S. Marco, Chanel boutique opened there last April, it was a luck because the nearest are in Bologna or Milan, a loooot far from here!! About 4 hours by train!! I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping the store is open and it's not rainy - there may be high water in Venice... :hysteric:

If you go in and tell a SA that you are buying a graduation gift for yourself (or some such thing), they will know you are serious and will certainly give you the help you need. (I suppose they would be less helpful if someone were to tell them they were just looking.)

Are you sure the east/west is going to be large enough for you?

By the way, I think these bags look fabulous with casual clothes.

That's really an helpful idea!!!! :idea: I will tell that, you're right!!! Thanks!! :nuts:
For sure I will check if they have other cute bags eheheh :smile: I am also afraid they are out of stock :Push:

Thanks everybody for all your lovely comments, wow, it's so great to have your attention and help, you really make me feel welcome, you are all sooooo sweet!!! :heart:

If I'm able to find the Chanel boutique's number tomorrow I will phone to ask if they're open, I'm so excited!!! :yes::yahoo:

I will post for sure what I buy eheheh!! Can't wait to join your Chanel party!!!

I am a newbie with chanel too and I have been looking for a special bag for a couple of weeks now. This bag is not available in my country unfortunatelly and I phoned up probably every single Chanel Boutiques (incl. Printemps) in Paris as well as half a dozen german boutiques, one boutique in Holland and one in Austria with no luck. At the end I called the Boutique in Milan and the one in Venice. The SAs in this two boutiques were by far the most helpful. Especially the ladies in Venice are real sweetharts! So don’t worry, be confident and they will be happy to help you. …and yes, the boutiqe is open on friday, good luck!!