Need your opinions, please!

1. Hi, everyone!

I have decided that I want to spend some money on a very nice, quality bag that is fashionable yet practical, and that can be worn everyday, year-round.

I can't afford anything as nice as Louis Vuitton, but I am not opposed to spending around $200-$300.

I am currently a nanny, but will soon be applying for a more professional job, so I don't want something too casual, but not too formal or dressy either.

If anyone could post pics of their suggestions, I'd love it! I'm not the most stylish person in the world, so that's why I need your help! Oh, and I'm 32 years old if that helps!

Thank you!!!!!

Hugs!
    Danielle:heart:

2. i can't stress Coach bags and Dooney & Bourke bags more. :yes: quality, affordable delish (dooney gets corny sometimes... ok ok i know... coach is better wee anyways lol)

Coach Leather Goods

www.dooney.com

3. Dooney & Bourke

Loc Sac:
    (i want)

http://store.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=21780

Large Hobo:

http://store.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=19343

Medium Bucket Bag:
    (comes in MANY colors...)

http://store.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=19069

Large East/West Slouch:
    (on sale lookes DELISH)
    http://store.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=21268

those are a few that fit the size i figure, the price range, and the ones that i think are cute :yes: hehe

selection in your price range for coach:

Medium Handbags at Coach

they catagorize by size so wee for coach i only had to put one link up...

4. Thanks, Viscious Bliss, you're a doll!

I have a question about coach, though.

I had heard that the quality of Coach bags aren't that great anymore, seeing as how they are made in China. I have seen some people post that their hardware had fallen off their bags or that seams came undone, etc.

Have you ever had a problem with anything like that with your Coach bags?

5. How about Fransesco Biasia? It's an Italian made handbags. Quality is good and styles are gorgeous too, IMO. They are some, I just checked at nordstorm.com, that are within your price range. If you are going to buy them, please make sure the one you get is the made in Italy one. I don't know if they manufacture their bags in China or not, but you can check at Francesco Biasia or email frnscescobiasia@yahoo.com and ask about it directly. Goodluck on your purchase!

6. I'd look into Cole Haan, Agner, or Betsey Johnson perhaps for your price range.
    Coaches prices have gone up and for a bag that can hold more than a paperclip is going to be 400 or so. I used to have 20 Coaches. I have none now. IMO the quality has gone way down in comparison to the cost going up. The older Vintage style Coaches are great in quality and leather.
    Dooney has some nice styles (I prefer the more sedate styles).

7. I would say Cole Hann and Francesco Biasia, to agree with some of the other pp. :yes:

8. I think that Lexie meant Etienne Aigner for one of the designers. You can find them at outlets and in stores like Macys. They are nice handbags and relatively inexpensive. I think that you should also check into Kale. You can get a beautiful bag for around $300 on sale. Go to KALE and enter. Select Buy-and then scroll down until you come to the sale bags. I have the medium Tate in green and absolutely love it! There are several shapes to look at. :yes:

9. I have to agree with ViciousBliss, for a classic, timeless style you can't beat Dooney or Coach for the pricepoint. Also, instead of lookin at the more trendy Coach bags check out their Classic Favorites.

My personal fav is the Stewardess Bag $298, I own it in black and British Tan...

10. How about any of these:

Kate Spade: $311 (originially $415)

[​IMG]

Kate Spade $345
    [​IMG]

Elliot Lucca - $168
    [​IMG]

Cole Haan $240.90 (originally $345)
    [​IMG]

There are also quite a few Coach bags that would fit your needs. I have not had any issues with the quality of mine. I think they are a great brand, and have a lot of nice, classic bags! Hope this helpes a little

11. I can't speak for others, but I personally haven't had any trouble with my Coach bags. I love them and haven't experienced any quality problems.

12. I wouldn't recommend Coach.. Why not buy something classier? I think Kate Spade has nice bags :
    [​IMG]london sawyer 345 $. it's also available in red and green

13. no ma'am i love the 3 i have, i also have dooney, and they seem to be holding up quite well.

as for the coach, i have a black leather tote that is GORGOUS and like 7 or 8 years old, maybe more, and still stands strong. i also have 2 signature pouches that are sturdy and lovely. let me know what you see that you like!

ETA
    PS i'm not a huge fan of Kate Spade although i've seen a few i like at TJMaxx for like 40 bucks

14. ktrkate: the second bag u posted is SweeT