Need Your Opinion on Cruise Collection '07-'08

1. My girlfriend just bought a Chanel handbag for $3,000 from the new cruise collection and she called me for my opinion on it. I told her to "take it back" because I don't like it. I wish I could post a picture of it here, but I couldn't copy it from the official website and I couldn't find it anywhere on this site. To see it, go to Chanel.com, USA, Fashion, Accessories, Cruise '07-'08 and it's slide number 14. It looks like a straw tote with a houndstooth pattern, but it's really a basket weave pattern made out of black patent leather and white satin. I like the shape of the bag, but the houndstooth pattern threw me off. Please give me your opinion and tell me if you think she should keep it or take it back!!!!!

2. I've seen this bag IRL, not really for me and the price is :shocked:. If she really loves the style then she should keep it.

3. Thanks so much for your opinion. That's pretty much what I told her. If she loves it, then she should keep it.

4. I kind of like houndstooth, just not on this bag. Not a bag I would buy, esp for that price. There are much more classic Chanel bags to choose from. :yes: That's just my opinion though, some girls like different things!

5. [​IMG]

6. I actually really dig that bag!
    It's kind of novelty, not a daily bag, but if she has the $ and loves it, she should definitely keep it!

7. I agree with Swanky..I kind of dig the different style..
    I like the classic look of the chains..
    Not sure I would pay the $3K though...I think this will be a bag that will go on sale at the end of the season though....

8. I would probably get it if it cost closer to $1,500 or so on sale. But for 3k I personally wouldn't unless I had a lot more money.

9. I'm not into houndstooth so I would not have looked twice at that bag.
    Bit if she likes it and can afford it, why not?

10. I like it, but I wouldn't spend more than 1k on it.

11. I like the houndstooth, but I don't really like the shape of the bag, too wide at the top, for me anyway. But if she loves it, she loves it.

12. Well, to each her own, right? ;) It's not my taste (I love my houndstooth coat though haha!), but then again, I'm more of a "classic" girl. :smile: If she liked this bag best out of other options, and it makes her happy, then she should keep it. :tup: I agree with others though, and I'm sure this is the type of bag that will go on sale at the end of the season.

13. I like it, but not at that price. If she loves it and would regret sending it back then she should keep it.

14. Thanks for the picture, missisa07! That makes it a lot easier for everybody to comment on it (how did you do that?). Keep the comments coming everybody! They are very helpful!

15. ^Hi, hehe no prob. You can just press the Print Screen button on your keyboard and crop it out in Paint.

That's not what I do though. I use Paint Shop Pro 7 (just a $100 fancy paint program lol) to take a screen capture and then I crop it in there. :yes: Not hard at all.