Need your help in a tragic situation plz

My uncle was killed by a drunk and my brother is an officer...I can only guess the depth of your own and your friend's grief.
May God embrace and hold you all during this difficult and tragic time.

Will also search for lyrics...

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic loss. I wish I could offer words that could help...

I tried several searches to find the song, and was also unsuccessful. In the event that it isn't possible to find it by the time of the funeral, perhaps a special memorial could be held at a later date and the song could be played then. Just a thought.

Thanks guys again. I left a message on his wife's voicemail. I'm assuming she's obviously preoccupied. I'm thinking it may be Avril Lavigne's "Knocking On Heaven's Door" but not sure...

jasanna143 said:
Thanks guys again. I left a message on his wife's voicemail. I'm assuming she's obviously preoccupied. I'm thinking it may be Avril Lavigne's "Knocking On Heaven's Door" but not sure...
I am so sorry your friend has lost her husband way too soon...
Here are the lyrics. Sounds like the one you were talking about?
I have never heard it, i'm sure it's beautiful, I like Avril.
[Originally performed by BOB DYLAN]

Yeah, yeah, yeah [2x]

Momma take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore
It's getting dark, too dark to see
Feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door

Knock knock knockin' on heaven's door

Momma put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That long black cloud is coming down
I Feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door

Yeah, yeah, yeah [4x]

Is this a remake of Eric Clapton's?
If so, one may sound more appropriate than the other? Just a thought...

I am so terribly saddened by your news. What a complete and utter waste of life...
Such a shame...

Hang in there....and you most certainly have much support here!

Y'all are soo great! Scarlett, thanks for the support! Not a long drive at all I suppose! I'm sure you'll be watching the coverage on news since you get our tv stations up there too.

Well I talked to my friend/his wife and it turns out it was in fact "Knocking On Heaven's Door" after all. I think she had some of the lyrics skewed but nonetheless it was found. She actually found a gospel singer's version that she preferred over Avril's but she loves both so I made a copy of it for her and will give it to her. I want to thank everyone again for their undying support.

I won't be visiting here much this week but will try to get back into the swing of things after this week. Will let you know how everything turned out. Y'all are so sweet. Thx again.

Jasanna - That is so awful! I am so sorry for your friend and you. Especially when the loss is so senseless like this. My prayers are for both of you. I hope this difficult time will pass quickly.

I am deeply sorry about your loss...drunk driving is one of the most careless, heartless things anyone can do. I understand your anger and frustration, as my close friend lost his father to a drunk driver. Please know that your family and friends are in my prayers!

I've been avoiding this thread, because this is all too common. A close friend of mine had her three year old daughter struck and killed by a drunk driver last November. They live in a rural area and her little girl wandered outside their fence while Mom was taking a horse to their barn. As fate would have it, this drunk woman came along, hit the child and sped away. She was tracked down and arrested the next day and admitted the hit and run but denied being intoxicated. The town is small and when news got around, the owner of a local bar called the police to report this woman had been in the bar the afternoon before the tragedy and had consumed a lot of beer. But since the police did not get her before the alcohol was out of her system, all bets were off. So unfortunately she was not charged with DUI, just hit and run. I am sure it will only be a matter of time before she does it again.

goodness how did i miss all this? :sad: anyway.. you and your friends are in my prayers with hopes of a less-painful recoup. i definitely feel the pain, though probably not as intense... my dad nearly died because of a drunk driver as well, and he was in an SUV doing a u-turn and some idiot t-boned him... causing him to flip and roll.. i could barely contain myself..

there are a lot of 'funeral' mainstream songs out there.. now that we've been searching for it. i'm glad we've found it for you. :smile: my favorite song (very sad, but fitting and used the most for funerals for children or infants) is celine dion - fly. (also, celine's je t'aime encore is a very good song as well.)

anyways, big group e-hug for you, your DH and your friend for keeping it as together as you guys can. sometimes all you need is a good hard cry.