Need your help in a tragic situation plz

Jasanna, my most heartfelt condolences to you and your friends.

My father was killed by a drunk driver in 1989.
The man who killed my father was a good, upstanding citizen with no record. He simply did not think and plan ahead, got into his car, and ended a life, and destroyed mine, my mother's and my sister's. We have never been the same.

IF YOU DRINK ONE DROP, DON'T DRIVE.

I was running to class earlier, so my message was very brief, but I want to reiterate how sorry I am about the death of your friend. Drunk driving fatalities are truly the most senseless and preventable of deaths, and I'd be furious if it happened to someone close to me. Take care during this difficult time and the very best to your friend's family.

Wishing all of you peace.

Maybe try calling a radio station tomorrow, maybe one of the DJ's would be able to help. If I can get thru I will try a popular one in NY in the am.

I am so sorry for yours and your friend's tragic loss and second what everyone else has said about NOT A DROP if you're going to get behind the wheel.

Regarding the song, do you know if the song was sung by a female or male singer? I keep having John Mellencamp or Bruce Springsteen flashes from those lyrics.

I am really sorry for this. It has made tears come to my eyes just reading this thread. We don't drink in our family, we have just seen too much tragedy from alcohol in our lives already.

serendipity3kb said:
Wishing all of you peace.

Maybe try calling a radio station tomorrow, maybe one of the DJ's would be able to help. If I can get thru I will try a popular one in NY in the am.

I thought about that and will try tomorrow am. Also, if you can get thru, that would be great!!!!

pseub - She said it was a female singer. Someone you would never think would sing a song like that.....? I know that's no help..sorry. Have you taken a look at some lyrics from those artists?

jasanna143 said:
This brings me much pain to have to disclose but a dear friend of mine and my DH's was tragically killed on-duty while on his way to a DUI task force Sat evening. He was a motor officer and was struck by a drunk driver and died at the hospital later that night. My husband and I were at the hopsital when it happened and I wish no one that misery. His wife is a friend of ours too and words can't describe the shock and disbelief in her eyes that I saw that night. We have been over at her house visitng w/ her along w/ other friends/family members and my tears are not only for the loss of a dear and gracious friend but for the loss his wife feels. To have to watch his wife make funeral arrangments, where he's going to be buried and what church, etc pains me. Watching constant updates on the news and the media furiates us as we watch the careless drunk driver stare apathetically at the judge. I'm crying as I'm writing this b/c it just hurts so much and they weren't even married 1 yr yet. They were trying to have kids but alas, that day will never come.

I also beseech every single one of you to think before going out at night. It just takes one drink, just one to decrease your ability to logically think. That *&#(&*#@% a-hole killed our friend and a dear husband/son/brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was 20yo, drunk driving and already had a suspended license and a warrant for a previous DUI. I ask any one of you who just has a "couple" of drinks, "it won't affect me" or "I have a high tolerance" attitude to ask if it was worth that night of partying realizing how much pain it could potentially cause someone?

Our friend's wife is much too young to be widow. However, this is the harsh reality w/ which we are faced.......

The funeral will be sometime this week but this is why I'm writing this:
Although this is an extremely personal matter that we are experiencing, I'm having a hard time finding a song that his wife requested to be played at his funeral. All she knows is that it is sung by a female artist and some of the partial lyrics have "my time has come" or "my job here is done" and something about retiring my badge and gun. These are just excerpts from lyrics but we aren't sure if those are actually the lyrics. She also said that it's by a female artist you wouldn't expect to be singing a song like that. I am begging for your help to find out who this could possibly be. I have searched and searched and have come up w/ nothing. Please help......if you can't find the lyrics then just always keep in the back of your head just how drunk driving can rip peoples' lives apart as it has done to us.
:cry: