Need your help authenticating Silverado Hobo..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I am a new user to PB but have read some threads previously as a guest user. So please forgive me if I have started this thread in the wrong forum.

Anyhow, I just received a used medium Silverado hobo that was purchased off eBay:

eBay: Chloe Silverado Larger Handbag (item 290074536796 end time Jan-20-07 13:38:45 PST)

The pictures were great, the seller seemed honest and had great feedback. She indicated she would include a sales receipt from Saks as well as double my money back if I found the bag to be a fake.

When I received it, the color was a bit darker than the pictures, more like tan than camel colored as in the eBay listing. Also, the Chloe stamp on the inside pocket seemed a little off (the font is rounder than that found on Paddingtons (I own a whiskey)). The serial # tag is also diffferent than on the Paddys; its a white tag and the serial numbers are barely readable. And finally, even though the bag was advertised as used only a few times, it looked more distressed than I anticipated.

Can you help? Thanks so much!!!

2. I think your bag is real. I recognize the style, for one thing, and it looks right. I can see why you expected a light color, because the eBay pictures don't look consistent as to color. The first couple are light looking, like tan, but in the close-up of the hardware the bag color definitely looks darker, like the hazelnut color (Noisette) from last F/W. The noisette is a medium brownish color. I don't know the exact condition of your bag, but the Silverado leather is pretty distressed looking, even when brand new. I have a F/W Silverado tote (same color) that I bought in-store at NM, and I know it is authentic. The tag in it (inside pocket) is not like the Paddy ones. It's almost the color of the bag lining and may be leather. The numbers are sort of crooked and hard to read. I have a boat load of Chloe bags, but I still never try to authenticate them on-line. Still, I hope this helps you. Maybe the color will seem better if you aren't worried about the bag being fake.

3. ALL authenticity questions must be asked in the Authenticate This! sticky provided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.