Need your advice ladies....

1. So I have been wanting a bbag for a long time and broke down and finally got one. I wanted a bright bag and ended up getting a vert gazon city. I was in love with the color and it was tied with a french blue but i was unable to find one....

Anyways, less than 3 months of owning it, I noticed that where the shoulder strap attaches to the side, the stitching is coming undone...

I talked to Daphne who I bought the bag from and she said to send it in and that she would just send me out a new one but then she mentioned something about them being picked over so I told her that I wanted it to be exactly like the leather variation that i had....for a 1200 bag i dont want a PICKED over one....

Anyway I just sent the bag in and wrote her that if they dont have any VG or FB citys with nice leather, that I may be willing to get a antracite.....

what do you ladies think? i always liked anthacite but wanted a bright bag but now after owning a bright bag and seeing how sensitive and careful you have to be about bbags, i am thinking maybe a darker color would be better since i could use it more and wouldnt have to stress as much...

what do you ladies think?? My other option would be to see if she can give me store credit and then get the electric blue city in the spring but i dont know if she would even be willing to do that...

2. The anthracite is a beautiful chameleon like color, in different degrees of lighting it may look, greenish, bluish, and black sometimes. I do also shy away from brighter bags, just because of the darkening of the handles, dirty corners, etc can show up easier on a lighter bag.. especially if you plan on using it as an "everyday" bag. But, anthracite is an awesome color.. it's hard to capture this color in pictures. If they have any left.. I'd say go for it.

3. I have to agree, I would definitely snatch up an anthracite if I could find one, it has great depth! I say go for it!

4. Have to be the contrarion here. If you originally wanted a bright bag (always my first choice, so take that into consideration), then stick with that. While the anthracite is lovely, it's not what you originally were targeting and you may end up feeling that you "settled" - as you point out, for $1,200.00, you should be in love. Good luck either way....just really consider your original motivation. ("Thank you doctor!" :p)

5. Go for Anthra! I personally LOVE it and would jump at the opportunity:smile: Good luck with your decision!

6. I, myself, prefer the warmer colors over the brighter ones because that's just my color preference but if you originally had your heart set on the Vert Gazon, then I would say have Daphne try to get you another one. For the amount of money that we shell out for these babies, you should get the one you really want and not have to settle for something else.:tup: So.....BalNY has an Anthracite City?........whaddayaknow? that happens to be on my wish list!:p

7. Anthracite would be a better Everyday Bag colour IMO. Its very difficult to baby ur bags day in day out. Maybe in future u can get another Bright Coloured 1..

8. I'll bet she would be happy to give you a store credit. Personally, I love the bright colors, but don't enjoy owning them. The less flashy, darker ones are a pleasure to use without worry. But if you will feel sad about your loss...I'd take a credit and wait. :whistle:

9. I'd say go with want to "want"...if it was a bright bag...don't settle. What ends up happening if you settle is that you'll still want that bright bag when it's all said and done.