Need your advice, Coco Cabas VS Birkin.

LOL, well you are posting in the Hermes subforum... So most of the responses are going to tell you to get the Birkin.

But generally, as a Chanel lover -- I hate the Coco Cabas. So if you are doing Chanel, don't do the Coco Cabas because its not a classic piece at all and it will go un-trendy within 1 yr.

So between those options -- I say Birkin.

ITA the Cabas is pretty trendy but the Birkin will last you a lifetime! Also the quality issue. I ended up choosing the Picotin over the Cerf because when I went to closely inspect the Cerf you could see the quality in the stitching was not quite there...it looked like the leather was "ripping" away from the stitches or something. It's a great looking bag, don't get me wrong, I still love the look but for my almost $2,000 I wanted to go with the best quality. :yes: I sit and look at my Picotin and marvel at how beautiful it is. And I know I'll never get tired of it or regret buying it. :love:

Birkin all the way. Its a timeless classic bag that in my opinion far surpasses the Chanel but you are asking in the Birkin forum so you will get a very biased opinion.

I understand how you might want something a little different since it seems you already have quite the birkin collection. How about another H bag that's a shoulder bag? Maybe a trim?

I have seen the cabas - and although I do think it's a cute bag, for me, I'd spend it elsewhere, preferably on an H item.

The majority of my collection is Chanel and I bought the Cabas carried it for 2 weeks and changed my mind and sold it. It just wasn't special enough. For that much money I want a classic bag that will stand the test of time...that would apply for other Chanel bags but not the Cabas. Get the Birkin.