need whiting & davis help!

1. I have a small (aprox. 3.5" X 7"~8" incl. fringe) vintage Whiting & Davis mesh handbag enameled in gorgeous green, dark blue, salmon & sand. The fringe is graduated lengths of chain. My question really concerns the frame. It is a rounded arch in shape. All whiting & davis bags I've seen seem to have squared frames. i don't know anything about these bags other than what I've seen on the net. The bag originally belonged to my great aunt who died in the mid-40's. It is in absolute MINT condition. Does anyone have any info on this?
  2. I have one with the rounded arc type top too, it was my grandmother's from the 30's or 40's (?). I really don't know anything about them though. Hope someone here does it will be interesting.
  3. Interesting..I also have a vintage one..this is mine that came from my grandma:
  4. It sounds like you have an art deco one :smile: Gorgeous things! They were made in the 20's and 30's! Check out eBay to see if maybe you can find one like yours :smile:
  5. There are quite a few on eBay.

I just bought a Whiting & Davis bag this evening. I love the feel of the mesh.