Need unbiased opinions on this dark brown Prada bag

1. which is why I would like to post it in the handbags section, as opposed to the Prada section! :yes:

The quest for the dark brown bag continues!

This one also comes with a shoulder strap.
    Is this granny-style to you?
    Do you like it, and would you wear it?
    Any other thoughts are super appreciated!:heart:
  2. ^CHAIN strap can b painful to wear
    Have u seen the dark brown leather gauffre bowler?Ihave it in black and grey and really love the detachable messenger strap option
  3. i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!
    have you seen anything by miu miu? the bags are delicious and the brown is amazing...
  4. It's definitely interesting? I like that Prada better than I have liked a lot that I have seen.

I think you'll know once you found the "right one" =) =) =)
  5. As a chanel lover, I lust after metal chain straps. I think this is a gorgeous bag! It's stunning and pracitcal. I love what Prada did for their lux ligne- the metallic sheens and chains- very edgy. I think this one's perfect for right now as it's more of a fall/winter bag.
  6. I like it!
  7. Everyone has their own style right? So even if we wouldn't wear it, it doesn't mean it isn't nice. Even then, what is 'nice' is still subjective.

But to answer your question. I don't think it's grannyish at all. Prada sometimes f.cks up by making really ugly things in my opinion but this isn't bad at all. I think it's very slick. Match that up with a leather jacket, and your look is complete!
  8. I love tihs bag! It looks like the perfect mix of classic shape w/ updated detail.
  9. I wouldn't say it was grannyish. It's a classic bowler bag. But here's what I don't like - it's a little boring. The straps lift it though, if you don't mind chain straps (won't they be heavy though that big?) I like it, it just doesn't scream at me. But then that's not a bad thing.

That's not helpful at all is it? :rolleyes:
  10. I like the bowling bag shape. I also like the chain handles. As I prefer to carry my bags like a satchel, I personally wouldn't consider the comfort of the chains on my shoulder.

It's also Prada so one knows the quality is excellent. The color is neutral and it seems to be a good sound choice for an everyday bag.

If it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
  11. You will have to fish for those chain handles every time you set the bag down. And they will ~clank~ on everything. In my opinion, leather handles are more useful and kinder to your shoulder.

I think you can do better.
  12. it looks like it needs a bowling ball and a can of brown paint [because it looks black to me]

i'm not really feeling it!
  13. I am not really feeling the chain on is ok...not really my style...
  14. I don't really like it that much, sorry. The chain straps don't seem to "go" with the bag. And if you carry a lot of stuff seems like it could be painful to carry on the shoulder.

But in the end, only you have to carry it. So if you like it, I love it....for you!
  15. I like it. I don't think it looks too granny either. The studs prevent that. Normally I would be worried about chain handles being uncomfortable, but that wouldn't be an issue if it comes with a leather strap. I give it the thumbs up!