Need to Return an Item Back to the Seller... Is This Everything I Need to Do?

1. I bought a pair of shoes and the seller sent me a different size than what I bid on. I contact the seller and she told me to send them back for a refund.

I plan on sending them back USPS priority mail with insurance and deliver confirmation. I also plan to get a receipt for postage - since it wasn't my mistake I believe she should have to pay for return postage. As it gets closer to the 45 days, if I don't have my refund then I'll open a Paypal claim.

Is there anything else I need to do that I'm forgetting? :confused1:
  2. Nope you are all covered there!
  3. Depending upon the value of the shoes, you may need online signature confirmation in the delivery confirmation. I'm sorry--I can't remember what the monetary value cutoff is for needing this, but perhaps someone else knows or you can check on the paypal site.
  4. The cutoff is $250. Just posting it in case anyone else here is in a similar situation.
  5. The only (optional) thing I'd add is sending a courteous message via eBay to the seller confirming dispatch of the item, reason for return and how you'll be expecting to receive your refund, just so you have a complete track of everything should you need to escalate this to a claim.
  6. You have all bases covered. Good Luck to you!