Need To Lose Weight Quickly!!

1. OK, here's the deal. I have been asked to be in a very prestigious production which is put on every year in our city. It is called the Headdress Ball and I will be wearing a headdress in front of a LOT of people. I really need to lose weight quickly so that I don't look like a chubby on stage. I realize that this is not the way to lose weight sensibly, but I would really like to lose as much weight as possible as soon as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The actual event will be held the first of April and I really need some suggestions!!
  2. How much weight do you need to lose?
  3. As much as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. I know that this isn't the healthiest thing to do, but I am desperate!
  4. 1. Expect to lose about 1-2 pounds a week. Any more than that, and you're setting yourself up for a yo-yo diet cycle. Not healthy. It's actually a frustrating and disappointing experience.

2. Get moving. Incorporate 3-5 days per week of cardiovascular exercise (speed walking, cycling, running, elliptical, Spinning, kickboxing, swimming - whatever strikes your fancy) for 30-60 minutes. Add in 2-3 days per week of weight training.

3. Eat healthy. Stick to fruits, vegetables, lean protein sources (chicken, lean turkey, salmon, tuna, tilapia), legumes, nuts, seeds, unprocessed nut butters, whole grains (whole grain bread, oatmeal, whole grain tortillas) and up your water intake. Avoid fried foods, processed boxed junk, trans fats and hydrongenated oils, etc. Try to stick to about 1500-1600 calories per day, along with exercise. Give yourself a break once a week and enjoy a treat meal.

4. Stick to this. See results. Feel energized, healthier and look great for your production. Stay motivated and keep it up.

5. Done! :nuts:
  5. A friend of mine dropped 44 lbs in 2 months by sticking to only veggies/salads; grilled fish/lean chicken; lots of water and she exercised about 4 times a week. The pounds melts off really fast when you cut down sugar and carbs.

You're welcome to try and see if this is something that will work for you, but there's no guarantee that you'll get the same result she did for everyones bodys' are different. (She has a tad overweight, so she had room to drop a lot of weight.)

Good Luck!
  6. Great suggestions! I think the bottom line is exercise and watching what I consume. I better get my butt in gear and start moving! Thank you very much!
  7. This isn't the easiest way to drop pounds but I suggest going on a diet mirroring a vegan diet. It wasn't my intent but I went vegan for a couple weeks last year and dropped a LOT of weight- half of which I have kept off, even though I am back to my -eating crap- diet. Plus, I felt wonderful and my skin was absolutely fantastic. You have about 6 weeks until the event? I say eat as many fruits and vegetables that you can handle, run far away from anything processed, and drink tons of water every day. When I was only eating fruits/veggies/vegan foods, I was not even exercising and still lost a lot. But you must be strict about it!! Throw in some exercise and you should be good! Good luck and congrats on the prestigious position!
  8. stop drinking coffee/soda and eating fast foods. Make your big meal lunch not supper. and use a bread plate not a dinner plate when you eat and start drinking 10 glasses of water a day. Start eating 5 meats instead of 3. dont eat after 7pm. Walk for 20 mins a day.
  9. it really depends on how much you need to loose and how healthy you are to begin with. if your fit and your habits are already good, itll be tough. either way, cut ur carbs way down, up the protein and veggie intake, and do TONS of cardio.
  10. You've hit the nail on the head:smile:. Even if you don't lose weight, you're clothes will start to fit better. Besides that, Spanx is a product every women should own:smile: Works wonders and can make you appear a size smaller.:yes:

Cheers for a healthy weight loss and congrats on being part of the production:tup:
  11. Also keep in mind that one pound = 3,500 calories. So if you're ambitious enough to work out every day and burn 500 calories each day, you'll lose one pound a week if you don't raise your food consumption.
  12. Great advice!!!!!! I would add drinking oolong tea or green tea. Prevention magazine says that you can lose belly fat really fast by having these things every day: olive oil, avocados, dark chocolate, and almonds.