Need some sympathy... stinky pochette

You can definitely de-stink it, just use one of the remedies that Irene posted about and it should come out.
I personally prefer coffee beans.
You do have to keep the coffee beans, newspaper, etc. in it for about a week or so in order for them to work.

What would you do? Has this happened to you before?

I would not buy 2nd hand

No, because I don't buy second hand

Suggestion: try using baking soda to get rid of the smell

Forgive me, but I think that if people are willing to buy items online (especially used bags), then there are certain downsides that they must put up with and the smell is one of them. Expectations for near-perfection will not even happen with brand new LV from the boutique:yes:

I feel you girl... I recently bought a 2nd hand pochette and it stinks like ciggie in a bar room the minute I opened the package and I absolutely hate ciggie smell!! :yucky: I much prefer moth ball smell than ciggie! I was really excited at first because I got it for my mom originally. :crybaby:After stuffing it with dryer sheets and airing them out in my backyard for almost 2 wks, the smell did dissipate a bit but there is still that faint smell. I'm just going to keep on trying until the smell gets out completely. :cursing: It will eventually but just takes time and work!! So don't give up!! :wlae:

I wasnt able to read your previous post before it was closed. I need suggestions also. I have a somewhat smelly bag from ebay, probably from the same seller. I turned it inside out and hung it outside for a day, vacummed the bejezus out of it, sprayed febreeze, and perfume... its better, but I can still smell a whiff of it when I pick up the bag. How do you use the coffee beans? do you use it in conjunction with newspaper?

I wasnt able to read your previous post before it was closed. I need suggestions also. I have a somewhat smelly bag from ebay, probably from the same seller. I turned it inside out and hung it outside for a day, vacummed the bejezus out of it, sprayed febreeze, and perfume... its better, but I can still smell a whiff of it when I pick up the bag. How do you use the coffee beans? do you use it in conjunction with newspaper?

Get some whole coffee beans and put them in an open baggie or an empty margarine cup and close the bag up for a few days.
With the newspaper, you just crumple some up and put it inside the bag and leave it for a few days; it should absorb the smell.

I would not buy 2nd hand

No, because I don't buy second hand

Suggestion: try using baking soda to get rid of the smell

Forgive me, but I think that if people are willing to buy items online (especially used bags), then there are certain downsides that they must put up with and the smell is one of them. Expectations for near-perfection will not even happen with brand new LV from the boutique:yes:

I agree with you. I never bought 2nd hand before. But I broke down and tried for this because it was a graffiti pochette from a few years ago that is just not available new.

Based on suggestions here, I did ask in advance about the smell and was told there was "no bad smell at all"... from a seller with very good feedback on this forum. So I trusted it. Perhaps everything over there smells this way and so he doesn't even notice??? :confused1: - Really, I didn't even know a bag could smell this way.

But anyway, yes, definitely no more 2nd hand for me.

I got a bag once that reeked of cigarettes, the newspaper (not printed, I have a small roll of the unprinted paper since I work for a newspaper) & dryer sheets for about 2 weeks did the trick for me.
Moth balls may take a bit longer. Good luck & let us know how it turns out!