Need some Computer help: Want to update my Graphics Card drivers!

1. Hi guys,

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to installing computer drivers, so I need your help. I think I need to update my GC drivers to play a certain online game, but I'm not exactly sure how to do this.

Here are my specs:

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56
    2,00 GB RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

I went to the ATI website, and to the spot where you can pick out your drivers. So...this is where I start running into some problems. I have the 32 bit Version of Windows Vista, so when I click on that, I can chose which GC Series I have. I click on "Mobility Radeon" and my GC isn't there....:confused1:

So I figure if it's not under Mobility Radeon, then it must be under regular "Radeon". So I click there, and there it is...But there's a (PCIe) after it. It says "Radeon HD 2600 (PCIe)".

...What does this mean? Is this the driver that I should download? HELP!! :s

Thank you :biggrin:

Oh, and here is the website I am looking at:
  2. Small update...Since I don't know if my GC is PCIe or not, I looked under the Hardware manager and this is what it says the location of my GC is:

PCI-Steckplatz 2 (PCI-Bus 1, Gerät 0, Funktion 0)

It's in German, sorry...I'm assuming it means PCI Slot 2?? What's that mean?

HELP!!! :sad:
  3. The motherboard has loads of different slots in it, if in your device manager it says GC PCI then it means that the graphics card is in a PCI slot, and therefore you should download the PCI one, I'm just gonna have a wee look at the site to double make sure lol
  4. Odd, I would have thought that your fairly new GC would be an AGP slot. Perhaps since it's in a laptop, it's PCI.
    So, you're sure it's just drivers that you need? Have you tried to play the game? What does it say if it won't let you play it?
  5. I inadvertently bought a craptastic laptop that has a really bad graphics card... it's about 6 months old and the colors already pixelize every now and again. I was told that replacing it with another would be difficult and expensive. Not sure if this is true.
  6. All of my other computer games run fantastically on my laptop and the graphics are great (the sims 2, cod4, etc), but...when I tried to play an online game with some friends from the US (Trackmania Nations) it wouldn't work for me. I read on a number of online forums that people with Vista are having problems with this game and they suggested that I update my drivers.

I downloaded the one from the ATI website, but it didn't work...So I downloaded one directly from the toshiba website...I don't know if it worked yet or not though, I will try tomorrow and see since it's nearly midnight here!
  7. ^^^
    BTW, I have a Toshiba, also. The graphics cards in most Toshibas, although they may say "ATI" or whatever, aren't really maintained by ATI, nor will ATI stand behind them. Toshiba basically bought the right to use the ATI name.

I will never buy another Toshiba. Wish I had known this beforehand.