Need some advice please :)

1. hi ladies,

So since joining this forum, i've been obsessing over mj more and more. I REALLY want to buy a stam...but just can't justify right now (new venetia, blake, patchwork carolyn, zip clutch and a gucci all in 3 weeks). I was thinking of selling two of my older gently used MJs - or returning one of the 3 bags I bought.

I've never sold anything on eBay, but am worried since I never have before. Is it a bad idea to sell my stuff on eBay - since I never have before? I feel like I know what I need to do (post lots of pics...zipperheads, nameplate, etc) but I guess more of what I need advice on is whether or not it will be worth it $$ wise...

Also, is it worth letting go of some of my dear MJs for a stam. I think it is, but maybe i'm just having tunnel vision...

thanks!

2. few823: selling on eBay is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

trust me, it was hard at first because you love your bags. but it becomes easier to remain honest with yourself and part with the bags you're not using. and it IS worth the money because there are many people out there who are excited to give your bags a new home. at the end of the day, it's "new" money because the money you've spent on your bags is already gone. so any profit you make on a sale is great.

do it! i promise you won't regret it.

3. Thanks BagLover. I think I just needed some encouragement. I'm going to work on posting my bags this week while I'm off work. :yes: Then I can justify a stam purchase

4. few - I LOVE ebay. It's the only way I'm able to afford luxury items and it's also great for closet turnover. I lost weight this year and sold all of my old clothing (designer jeans, designer dresses, etc.) on ebay and made enough to buy a new wardrobe!

It's seriously great. If you need help with creating listings, I can help, and there are lots of other ladies here who I'm sure will help you, too.

If you're thinking of listing something, do an advanced search and look at previous items similar to yours that have already sold, and take their auctions into consideration when you're creating yours. It's amazing how much the tiny details can help you make so much more on your auctions!

Good luck!

P.S. Where in VA are you? Are you a Tyson's girl? I'm in the Gaithersburg area!

5. Thanks MPJ!! I'm in Reston - So I'm a Tyson's girl :yes: I'll be there for some day after Christmas sales - I can report back if you'd like!

Thanks for the encouragement and advice - I really should sell more than my bags too. I've recently lost weight as well - so there are some jeans and dresses that I'm could use a good home! I'm going to search through now and find some similar items and take a look at the postings and get going with this.

My brother is also in town for the holidays, and I swear he makes half his money by selling things on eBay. So whether he wants to or not, he'll be helping me with all this!

If I have any questions, or need any help I will definitely drop you a line.

6. Yay! A Tyson's girl! :p I'm more of a Montgomery Mall/Friendship Heights kinda girl (I work in Bethesda), but I find myself at Tyson's now and then. That mall is HUGE!

I'll be at the Bloomingdale's in Chevy Chase on the day after Xmas - I'll keep a lookout for you. Is there anything in particular you're after? If you see any zip clutches or Marc by Marc on sale, let me know!

I'm glad your brother is there to help you with the listings - I'm sure you'll be swimming in MJ cash for a new bag very soon!

7. Very nice! Between the two of us we have the Northern Va/MD area covered! I'll keep an eye out for you - I had a great routine for Black Friday which I think I'll do again. I hit up Tysons 1 for Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Cusp and then headed over to Tysons 2 after that since it opens later where I checked out Saks and NM. I'll give you a full report when I get back. I really want a stam, but I doubt there will be any of those out there left....I'm also on the look out for another MP...but again, I doubt there will be any of those out there.

8. What a small world! Looks like you two found shopping partners!

Ebay really is great, as long as you play true to the game. There are snafu's every once in a while, but usually can be handled without incident. Good luck, and have fun ebayng!

9. few - Just in case, what color Stams are you after? If I see any Stams or MPs (in colors you're interested in), I'll try to put them on hold for you in case you're interested.

If you see the Totally Turnlock Faridah on sale (doubt it will be on sale, since it's relatively new) or a zip clutch for under $200, LMK!

Eee! We do have the whole area covered! I'll look at Neiman's, Bloomingdale's, and Sak's in Friendship. :tup:

I just told my husband that we're scouting out all the good stuff at those 3 stores, and he's like :s

Hahaha!

10. I will def let you know - I'll put anything on hold that I see!

Is it bad that I'm not concerned so much with color, but more with price? I'm looking for a great deal and I just love every single color our there that I've seen in both the stam and the MPs.

Yes, my boyfriend gets a little scared when I start talking about my crazy sale shopping - luckily I don't make him come with me. At least now the fact that I've met other people out there that are just like me makes me seem more sane! :yahoo:

11. :tup:

I am also looking for a Stam. I wish I can join you guys.. I live near Tyson, but will not make it until Saturday. I just purchased the kid stam in plum:heart:. I am falling in love with it. I am looking for a bigger stam in ivory or black.

HAVE FUN SHOPPING

12. I like this - DC Metro Area MJ Team! :p

I'll keep an eye out for Stams and small MPs - only good deals. And a big Stam in ivory or black.

I think between the 3 of us we've got it covered!

13. JCTC - I'll report back to you - I will be there bright and early on Wednesday!

14. May I join this DC Metro area team? After a fellow member posted that this wristlet is on sale, I'd like to get one too. I've been lemming for it since early this year!

[​IMG]

I will be going to the Friendship Heights area on Weds but won't be able to make it early. If someone sees that on sale less than $200, would you kindly let me know? TIA!

15. i really hope you gals score on some MJ bags!