Need some advice for V Day (with pics)

JimLong

Dec 5, 2007
Hello Again, I'm pondering getting my fiance a First for Valentines. My top choices right now are Anthracite 07 - described as thick, smooshy and distressed, Rouille 06 - thick and distressed with slight warming on handles, Black 05 S/S - very thick and buttery, in excellent condition, or a new Black 08?

Anthracite 07
2218378321_3f4bc5dfcc.jpg

Rouille 06
2218377995_c66ae2a1e5.jpg

Black 05 S/S
2218378021_eaae12afe2.jpg

I would really appreciate some advice :smile:

Cheers,
Jim

I would get her the 05 black first. It's a classic and the 05 leather is supposed to be the best. Second choice, would be the anthracite because it's such a chameleon-like color. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I agree with simona's assessment! The 05 black is a classic but anthra is a wonderful alternative to a classic neutral and is unique in its own right!

And, by the way, may I add that you are a FABULOUS fiance for doing this!

wow, I just wanted to say you are such a good fiance! its going to be her second Bal right :love:
when will my DH be like that LOL :shrugs:

ooh btw i recommend the black and anthra too!

Ok, I know she loves the Rouille 06 colour, but talking to Ann on Ann's Fabulous Finds this may not be the one for her present. Although I think it looks great.

So its between a classic 05 S/S Black First and a wonderful Anthracite 06 First that is also soft and smooshy (lord! the terminology you learn here) :P

wow, I just wanted to say you are such a good fiance! its going to be her second Bal right :love:
when will my DH be like that LOL :shrugs:

ooh btw i recommend the black and anthra too!

Glistens it would be her first First, and she has a BG 08 City, an 07 Jaune Money and a few other bits....

2218539701_40e20d72fd.jpg

2219331908_c529c73826.jpg

:shrugs:

Cheers,

Jim

I'm going to vote shockingly against my usual preference for color. I vote 05 Black First. For one thing, 05 Black is timeless and fabulous all round and you can never go wrong with it. For another, as much as I love Anthracite, and in fact love the color more than any of the ones you're considering, it seems to be "not enough" in a First. To get the most out of the lovely chameleon-like, complex and indescribable color of Anthracite, you should showcase it in a larger swath of leather, like in a City or larger.

So I say 05 Black.