Need some advice ASAP...

1. I didn't know where to post this..so if it needs to be moved please do so..I have found a white mc trouville from a friend that I am thinking about buying...But there's a problem..the bag has a yellow tint to it. It's a great price and if I can get the yellow out it would make it worth it. Does anyone know if this can be reversed? I heard putting it out in the sun can reverse the yellowing in leather. I'm scared to try like nail polish remover on the white on the bag...Help me out. Thanks!!

2. i don't think you can get the yellow out of white MC. actually, this is a known problem with some white MC items (especially those made a few years back)...the inside of the red alcantara lining bleeds through the canvas, eventually causing the white to turn yellowish/peach-ish in color. from what i've heard this is not reversible (sorry!). though usually what you can try to do is return it to the boutique and tell them about it...i've heard of people doing this and sometimes they are given a brand-new bag (i'm sure it depends on the store and on the SA though..).

if you do search on this in the LV forums, there are several threads on this issue (yellowing of white MC).

3. Really? That's kinda bad...Should I still get the bag? I mean it's a great price and I love the bag...

4. ^^^ ITA, I would not get it because the yellowing could just get worse and it is quite unsightly. This was really common when the MC line first came out, before they got all of the kinks out. I would not take the risk and I don't like how the bags look like they have been smoking loads of cigarettes! LOL! It is a good deal because the bag is less than perfect, I would wait it out you will find another at a good price that is in much better condition as this is not a rare bag KWIM? Hold out for something better that you will be proud to carry and enjoy.

5. Awww, thanks guys...I will just keep looking...

6. I don't know. I would pass on it.

7. I wouldn't recommend getting the bag as I had two MC mini speedy's when they first came out and both turned pinkish-yellow along the seams. When it first happened they took it back for a few weeks to determine what was wrong and when it couldn't be fixed they gave me a new one. But then that new one turned yellow again along the seams so I returned it a year later and they gave me gift card to be used towards something else. I just don't think it's worth the money if its defective. Sorry...

8. So, are the MC white multicolor bags a pure white color, or are they kind of a bone color? I have the trouville...it has looked always kind of looked like an off white to me...:confused1: Could it be one of the defective bags??