Need recs for a purple/plum bag - under $400!

1. I really want a purple/plum/eggplant bag for fall! Must be under $400. Medium to large-sized, something that I can use for work as well as weekends. Right now I'm thinking of the Hayden Harnett Inka (pic attached), but I'm looking for other recommendations! Tried the HH Lorca, and it was too small. HH Havana Hobo looks too casual. Really like the Anna Corinna Mini City Tote, but again, I don't know if it's appropriate for work. Thought about the Michelle Frantz carryall, but I'm getting it in black instead. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I know if anyone can help me, you ladies can!

inka_plum_med.jpg
  2. How about this one? Bulga has fabulous leather and great quality...and a nice size. It's at Bagshop.com : Lingerie, Bras, Wacoal, Hanro, Sleepwear, NICK & NORA®, Handbags, Wallets, MAXX, Perlina, Hobo, Pashmina, Accessories, Lejaby . They may be out of this color, but if you email, they will order it for you - they've ordered for me before in different colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [FONT=tahoma,arial]Bulga Handle Bag[/FONT]
    Fall 2006
    Bulga
    [FONT=tahoma,arial]This Bulga bag has a detailed half-moon flap with a pocket underneath. Top zipper with an inside zipper back pocket with brass hardware and long tassel to make opening and closing easier.

17 in. L X 9 In. H X 9.5 in.W
    [/FONT]

3. I've actually been looking at the Laundry bag, and the price is right! Does anyone have any experiences with Shelli Segal bags? I also LOVE that Bulga bag, but I do need something that will fit comfortably over my shoulder, and I'm not sure that one will. Any more recs?

4. Is wine colour close enough to plum? Please see bag by Dutchy:

Nana Doc Medium

[​IMG]

5. More HH

[​IMG]

$425 but very nice

[​IMG]

6. I was looking for a purple bag earlier this year and settled on the Kenneth Cole Hudson rivet hobo in plum... it's got great organization.. and it's funky.. I love it!

7. I love all of these purple bags....If I were you, I would consider the Nana Doc Medium or the one you posted.

8. i just got this one from Handmaid by Michelle frantz and i love it - here's a link to my full review: Grechen's Closet - It's not you, it's your closet., but in general, it's fabulous for the price right now ($169 with code grespc1).

the only issue i have with it is that the opening is a bit small, but i can work around that. it's a fun bag and a great color...

bagfront.jpg bagback.jpg
  9. Did you ever find a purple bag? I saw this one today and I think it's beautiful! And at $395, within your budget. You can find it at The Fashion Boutique.net - Designer Fashions - Hand Bags | Hype | Christiana and on Charm&Luck's website at Charm & Luck

HOT NEW BAG BY CHARM & LUCK!!! Made from Italian embossed suede, in a pattern reminiscent of the curly-cue balustrades of historic Savannah, is adorned with hand-studded grommets and finished with gleaming crystals. The perfect bag for fall and large enough to carry all your essentials! Famous pink "Charm & Luck" satin lining and zippered compartment and 2 open pockets. Comes with dustbag. Approximate size: 17 x 16.

Charm and Luck purple hobo.jpg
  10. One more for you..this is a plum Hype bag, also availabel at The Fashion Boutique.net - Designer Fashions - Hand Bags | Hype | Christiana for $195
    "Chelsea" Bucket Hobo Bag in Plum!! This bag is made of distressed embossed calf with antique brass hardware. It has a front zippered compartment with buckled pull detail. Top buckled sides, and single adjustable shoulder strap. Top snap closure. Inside plaid lining, zippered compartment, cell and sunglass holders. Approximate size: 13 x 14

Hype Plum hobo.jpg
  11. Thanks for the new recs! I just order the HH Inka in Plum, so we'll see how I like it. I need to have backup ideas in case it doesn't work though, so this is great!