Need help with tasty low cal snacks

1. I just started a diet yesterday. And already I'm craving tasty snacks. Any ideas on low cal snacks that will help with cravings.

2. edamame beans! Call your local japanese restaurant - it usually costs around $3.00 for a whole bunch of them. You dip em in soy sauce and eat! SO good and so good for you - high in protein, low in calories.

3. Rice cakes either salty or sweet, Jello pudding cups only 99 calories a cup, low fat pretzels

4. Beef jerky, string cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and nuts.

5. Go to www.hungrygirl.com they have different diet friendly treat that they have reviewed for you. I like skinny cow ice cream sandwiches occasionally and chocolate vitamuffins. By the way edamame is great and you can buy at frozen at most supermarkets and boil it and salt it to eat - yum!

6. Watch out for the sodium in those, especially with the soy sauce...

7. Oh yeah - if you're sodium intolerant you'll have a problem for sure lol.I use the low sodium soy sauce, but it's still high.

Another great snack is the healthy pop kettle corn bags. They're 100 calories per bag - and a great mix between salty and sweet :p

8. Oh yeah - if you're sodium intolerant you'll have a problem for sure lol.I use the low sodium soy sauce, but it's still high.

Another great snack is the healthy pop kettle corn bags. They're 100 calories per bag - and a great mix between salty and sweet :p

9. How about whatever local fruit is in season? Strawberries, rasberries, blueberries, plums...:p

Or how about some sliced almonds? I know people who curried their almonds and apparently they are delicious!
    Grapes are great to munch on. Or those little containers of yogurt? I buy Source, zero fat, great source of calcium and has some protein too all for 50 calories.
    Maybe grapes? Celery sticks with organic peanut butter. Baby carrots with a low fat dip. Raisins or craisens with no sugar added! Cheesestrings are also an idea. Or some all bran cereal?

Goodluck! :flowers:

10. Yogurt with Grape Nuts mixed in is good, and fills you up.

11. I learned about frozen grapes on this forum, and let me tell you...they are soooooo yummy!

12. celery and carrot stickes dipped in no fat mayo...

13. Fruits and vegetables are always great, but if you're looking for something different, try plain, air-popped popcorn. Three cups equals only about 90 calories. Fat-free potato chips are good (just watch out for sodium). 15-20 chips equals 70 calories. Sugar free popsicles are only 15 calories apiece and are good for a sweet tooth. I recommend the Popsicle brand.

14. i'm munching on Back To Nature's honey graham sticks recently. they're really good, and you can have 14 little cookies for 130 calories. they have no hydrogenated oil or refined sugar and they're veeeeeeery yummy.

i also recommend the smart pop popcorn, it's quite filling and satisfying for not very many calories.

15. A yummy idea: Buy low-fat chocolate graham crackers and Cool Whip Free. Break the graham crackers into two pieces, spread the Cool Whip, make a "sandwich" with the other half and freeze it! A healthier alternative to an ice cream sandwich!

Also, Edy's Slow Churned Light ice cream is fabulous. A half cup (one normal sized scoop) is usually around 120 calories.