Need help with mineral makeup

1. I'm not really a fan of bare minerals, it looks kinda ashy on me or something...just not right

I was excited to get Laura Mercier MMU, but the range of colors is not very big, and I have medium-dark skin (NC-35 or 45 I think)

Anyways, what are other good MMU?
  2. MMU is great--you just have to find the one that works for you! Alot of people here love Everyday Minerals. They offer a broader range of shades than BE. Some other brands to check out: GloMinerals, Youngblood, Jane Iredale, Amazing Cosmetics. Good Luck!
  3. I didn't really like Bare Minerals either.. it made me breakout and look like I was red and 14 again.

I really liked Everyday Minerals though.. but it'll take a little trial and error to get the right color. I'm light skinned so I use Golden Fair in Original Glo.

I know that ELF (Eyes Lips Face) cosmetics offers mineral makeup, however, I've not tried it myself... I'm content with my tinted moisturizer from Tarte.
  4. you can also get the sample kit from everyday minerals. they ship super fast and this may help you find your color. it's like less than $6.
  5. My favorite is J.Lynne and La Bella Donna pressed. LaurEss makes wonderful stuff and has a great selection of shadows and blushers. Alima is known for their super fair shades (not enough coverage for me), matte shadows and amazing brushes. HTH!
  6. I have started using Jane Iredale mineral makeup and I have to say I don't think I'm ever switching brands again! I found the perfect match to my skintone, and it goes on so well and doesn't cake up during the day like many others do. I have oily skin and their primer works wonders!
    My skin has actually cleared up since I started using it.
    It's a bit pricey, but very worth it!
  7. I'd recommend Lumiere. I think they have a free shipping offer on until around Jan 7th.
  8. I like Lumiere's foundation best, too. Less drying on my older skin. I like Alima's blush, though.
  9. ^ I like Lumiere too! :yes:
    It doesn't last too long on me, but the color and finish is gorgeous!
  10. I swear by the GloMinerals line!!
  11. I like lilylolo ( a UK brand)
    if the colour looks ashy on you it's probably too pale for you- try a different colour!