need help, paint on my bag :(

pigleto972001

Guh.
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
hey guys,

i was clumsy and brushed my birkin against a wall the other day, and didn't think much about it. earlier today i noticed a white streak on the piping on the bottom of my bag! HORROR! i thought it was a scuff but my friend looked at it and thought the paint transferred on the leather. i tried to rub at it gently with a wet paper towel and some came off (but also some black polish too!) :sweatdrop:

has this happened to anyone and what should i do! (short of going to the H spa, sigh).

Here is what I would try...
I would put a little neutral Creme Saphir or Meltonian crean on the paint for 30 minutes or so and then try to gently pick the paint off with my fingernail.
I do not see anyway this could hurt the bag, as these products are recommended by Claude for polishing. Maybe call Claude for advice.
Good luck

thanks guys, maybe i'll have the folks at my local boutique call claude for advice. i'd also have to try to find this meltonian! hopefully it will come out...some of it already has (along with some black polish, gulp!)

sigh. mah beloved birkin...

I think all shoe repair shops carry Meltonian. What you want is the neutral lotion. Even if you do not use it on your Birkin, it is good for other leather items, shoes, etc. Creme Saphir polishes and creams are available in Europe and I think are very similiar to Meltonian products available in USA.