Need Help - Just Got My Very First Birkin!

1. Ok. So today I went to the Hermes Boutique in BH to buy a couple of bracelets.I asked the SA who was helping me about the infamous waiting lists for the birkin bags, I was highly dissapointed when she told me the waiting lists were completly closed (which I knew, especially living in la) and she continued on with the whole " there nearly impossible to come by and basically sorry for me). So (sadly:sad: ) I continued on to the register to pay for the bracelets. As i was making my purchase I saw another sales associate unwrapping a birkin. I could'nt believe it I thought for sure she must have been getting ready to send the bag out, but just to make sure I asked my SA what the deal was with that birkin. She ran over to the other SA and within minutes returned with A Cognac Epsom 35cm birkin:yahoo: . I was thrilled, shocked and practically shaking (literally my hands were trembling) without hesitation I purchased the purse. But here is the thing I wanted a black or orange birkin. Not to say the CognAC isnt fabulous (because it sure is) but I wasnt sure if I should have held out- and who knows how long that would been - for my first choice colors, or if I should just be happy because I got my DREAM BAG. I am not having buyers remourse but instead wanted to know other fabulous fashionistas opions. I am open to all comments. Thanks!!!!

2. First of all, Congrats!! I think Cognac is GORGEOUS and I love the 35cm size. It's a very versatile bag!

3. WoooohOOO I love that combo!:nuts: :yahoo: :yes: :love:

4. Congrats!!!! PLEASE post pictures. Tell us size, hardware...

Keep it for sure and if you'd like another get on the list now for another color combination. Its always great to have something to look forward to and you'll love having more than one. Use the same SA.

Again congratulations!

5. That color is so neutral....I can not think of any color it would not go with ....all year round! You are a very lucky person!

6. I agree with avandome - it's such a nice neutral! You are lucky!

7. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!! LOVE Cognac!!!! I'd love to see it in Epsom because all I've ever seen it in is Chevre like Gina's. I say.....CONGRATULATIONS on a fabulous bag, shoegal....you were one very lucky lady!!!!!

8. :drool: :drool: :drool: I love this combo!!! Where's the pics?

9. that's a gorgeous bag! you'll never regret this impulse buy! pls, share pics!

10. Congrats!!

11. What awesome luck! I'm so happy for you! You will get so much use out of this color...can't wait to see pictures!

12. OMG! Cognac is SOOOOOOO divine:love: ...I would be THRILLED about that color!!!!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: PICS!!!!

13. How awesome! What a wonderful story. Congrats! After seeing Gina's and Gigi's cognac chevre Birkins, it's one of my favourite colours! I haven't seen cognac in epsom tho so I'm really itching to glimpes your pics. Ooh, it must be such a beauty!!!

14. Ok-First of all THANK YOU!!!!!!!! to all. I was so excited when i got the bag, cognac just wasnt a color I was thinking about but after spending the last hour looking at it :heart: :heart: :heart: I fell in love. The feeling buying your first hermes bag is truly amazing (which I am sure you all can relate to) I just wanted to make sure I was going to be able to incorparate the color into my wardrobe. I am a Balenciaga, Chanel and Chloe addict, but after buying this purse I have seen the light:wlae: .

Oh and for 2MUCHLUX .The size is a 35cm (which is the size I wanted) , palladium hardware, Cognac Epsom.

I just couldnt believe it - I had no idea and no expectation to walk out of the store with it, I had put the idea in my head before i even walken in the store - Not to get my hopes up and it was pretty near impossible for me to find a birkin. I honestly must say it must have been faith- :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
    I am completly new to Birkins but did my research and from my understanding Epsom leather is prettu durable and scratch resistant- are there any tips for keeping them clean or just for over all care of the purse.?????

Thank you to everyone again!!!! I am trying to figure out how to post pictures -

15. Congratulations! That sounds like a completely gorgeous Birkin.