Need help: Is my Marc Jacobs Irina a fake? :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A couple of weeks ago I won a Marc Jacobs Irina bag in Oatmeal off eBay for $250. I just got it today & am concerned it may be a fake. First off let me say that I live in a small area of Canada & Marc Jacobs is not sold ANYWHERE near where I live, period. So besides pictures online I had no reference as to what the leather should feel like or what to look for when it comes to an MJ fake.

With that being said, before I bid on the bag I looked at as many pictures of the Irina hobo as I could. Sadly, I could not find many pics of people with their bags...just a lot of the same generic images used on the MJ site & elsewhere. When I viewed the auction, it looked authentic to me, based on what I had to compare it to, which wasn't much.

The seller stated that she had two of the exact same bag, bought at a sale. She claimed that there was a small "sku" number inside the inner pocket to prevent the bags being returned for a original full-price refund. She also stated it would not come in an MJ dust bag, but another one.

Cut to today, when I get the bag. Immediately when I took it out of the dust bag [which turned out to be Michael Kors], it just seemed off. It seems quite stiff, but I'm unsure if that's just the style of the bag. The inside fabric also seems stiff. There is no real leather "smell" & the so called sku inside says "149.97", which to me, looks like a PRICE & not a sku. I don't really know what else to look for...& that's where I need help...

Many other things seem to check out...the little tag inside the pocket says RO6 197. The zippers say Marc Jacobs on one side & are riri M4.

I can provide pics if needed, but I needed assistance. Maybe someone here has owned an Irina & can help me out? Thanks in advance!

2. I've never seen this bag IRL but I have read here that some sku #'s 14997 are quite commonly written and is not the actual price. I really hope your bag is the real deal though. Can you maybe take some pics and post them?

3. tonij2000: I posted the pics in the "authentic this marc jacobs" thread. Nobody there has responded yet :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.