Need help from all "PFforumettes"!

Classic bags to me would be a Chanel tote or flap or LV Speedy. Choose a neutral color so you can wear it year round.
Gucci I think tends to be trendy. Much as I like Fendi, I don't think they are as well made as Chanel or LV. You can always get a Speedy in something other than the mono-that is not faked constantly. A Chanel fake I can usually tell, because you can see the lack of quality fairly quickly.

Thank you all girls.
I even was thinking about chanel, classic and the brand absolutely means chic and elegance, not just fashion.
Do you think I can find something around 600/700 euros? I will check the web.
For boxermom: yes, many girls wear fake LV and other brands (here in Italy you see loads of people with fake LV, Gucci, Prada...everyone has the same bag, look like sheeps). In fact i was thinking about hardly known models, as Epi. Maybe i win tPF contest and i solve the problem!!

Hi !
Last time I was in France -in april this year- I saw the Chanel small classic single flap, with single strap (also called East west I think?) at 750 euros.
And you're right you can totally rock it with jeans !!
I suggest you make a search in the Chanel threads for pict !

Hmmm, love the bayswater and i agree that Chanel will never go out of style.

Congratulations! It's great to have a 'steady' job isn't it, makes you feel so much part of the workplace family.

Of your choices, I too would definitely go with the Bayswater, but if budget is not a concern, then a Chanel definitely. On the other hand, Bayswater would be a very very good everyday working bag, imo.